“A lot of fun!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A lot of fun!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our recent visit here was late season. No wait to be seated. Great food specials. We had the steamed shrimp as an appetizer and my wife had the fried shrimp dinner. I had the crab cake dinner. The steamed shrimp were great. The fried shrimp were good but too crunchy for my wife's taste. My broiled crab cakes were very good. Not the best I've ever had, but very good. Joe was our server and he did a great job. Now, when it comes to a waterfront dining experience, what's not to like?

• Visited October 2013

“Triple "D" would visit the Harborside”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I love dives. One of our golf buddies recently dealt with a client who spends time in the area, and she suggested the Harborside Bar and Grill for its famous original "Orange Crush." (essentially: triple sec, vodka and orange juice). For some reason he insisted we drive just west of Ocean City to a nearby marina area and give it a try, after our mid-day round. There were 4 in our party. We went back to our room, got it together, and went out for an early dinner. Pulled up to a parking lot full of pickup trucks, and some motorcycles, and walked in to the sound of country music playing lightly in the background. Loved it right off the bat! First impression, we were overdressed and should have gone right from the course. Harborside is afunky, mostly-wood structure that runs along the marina area, with outdoor seating to one side, and a span of tables that line the marina on the inside, as well as other tables away from the window view setting. Great view of commercial boats, sport fishing boats, and just plain boats. We were seated quickly (off season) and served by our waitress - Amanda. Like most of the servers once we leave our native NJ, she was friendly and fun. My buddies tried the Orange Crush, but that is too "foo-foo" for me, so I stuck to bourbon. We had some steamed mussels, which my buddy likes, clams casino - also no complaints. I tried the sourdough white pizza with crab meat. pretty good, but not spicy enough for me. Could have used a little more seasoning. I ordered the Chipotle tuna, medium rare, topped with crab meat. It was a little too rare for my taste, and a little cool inside. The outside had a decent char to it. I would have preferred medium. One of our group tried the Cajun Mahi tuna, topped with shrimp. He does not eat shellfish, and misread the ingredients, so I finished off his shrimp. they were maybe 30 count, and topped with a Cajun style sauce, thick, white, and tasty. All our party enjoyed their entrees. Amanda stopped by to let us know that there was live music that night, but it started at 9pm, and we were on our way out the door by 7pm. Next time (if) we try the place, we might just go later, and stay for some music. (call ahead to find out). It was perhaps a little pricey vis a vis the atmosphere, but I'm sure bay front property is dear. Overall, I loved the place. I felt right at home, and had a great time. Check the webpage; it is very informative. It's not a dinner; it's not a drive-in; it's not really a dive. It's a down home honky-tonk good time!

Cambridge, Maryland
“Great waterside location, good food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We've been going here for a number of years and it's never disappointed when it's seafood on order. The outside deck is the place to eat when the weather isn't too cold (it's covered so hot sun and falling rain don't usually interfere here). Watching the commercial boats come and go and all the local pleasure boats heading for the dockside restaurants or the boat ramp makes this a fascinating place to eat. As I said, all of the seafood dishes are great but the best ones are the ones coming from the ocean (tuna, clams, lobster, shrimp, sea scallops) and not the Chesapeake Bay (crabs, oysters), though they are good too, just not quite as fresh. A bit pricey but still a fun place we try to hit 2-3 times a year with friends and on our own.

• Visited August 2013
Salladasburg, PA
“Three words - Crab Cake Sandwich!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has amazing Crab Cake Sandwiches (either broiled or fried - husband had broiled & I had fried). Reminds me of the ones we used to get 40 yrs ago on the Chesapeake on the way to the beach. Comes with tartar sauce on the side, lettuce (real lettuce not iceberg), tomato (a good one), and french fries (also real fries not precut).
We were camping at Assateague State Park and it was raining so we were off to find something for dinner. We didn't want anythings fancy, since we weren't - we had planned to go to Giuseppe O'Leary's, but found out it was closed (permanently), so we drove around the area and saw Harborside, it looked not fancy :) and inviting so we stopped.
Parking in very tight, and even was on that raining off season night - so it's obviously a place the locals go. They have lots of outdoor seating, but they close up the windows with heavy clear plastic "curtains" and you can see out (view is the marina) and not feel the weather. We were plenty comfortable both nights we were there (yep we went back the next night (it was tooo windy to cook). They have a good selection of beers and drinks too at good prices.
Loved the look and feel of the dining area too. Cozy yet open. Good attentive service also.

Enola, Pennsylvania
“Good meal”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I did not know there were so many restaurants in this part of West Ocean City! Stopped here for dinner. Parking is tight and it was a Tuesday in September so I am sure it is worse in the summer season. Smaller than I thought. Outdoor seating and good view of the boats in the harbor. Decent menu. A little expensive but food was good. Had the crab cake sandwich with a salad. My mom got fish and chips and her portion of fish was huge!

Visited September 2013