“Good food, great views”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I walked over and decided to try this place. At first the hostess tried to seat us inside but we asked for a table outside. We were told it was a 20 min wait so we went to the bar and grabbed a drink. As soon as we got our drinks, our buzzer went off and we were taken to a table outside. The food was pretty good, we had the mussels appetizer and we both got the seafood plate with the flounder, shrimp and clam casino. All were great, except the flounder could have definitely used more seasoning. There was plenty of foods on our plate that I really only had about 1/3 of it anyway. I didn't even get to eat the potato because I was stuffed. They did have a band inside when we were there but to be honest, they weren't that great. I would like to try it again with a different band and maybe stay all night for the music. I gave the review an average just because of the flounder on my plate. The views are amazing from the back deck. It backs right up to the bay

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very good crab cake sandwiches. Excellent bacon cheeseburger. Prices are reasonable. We usually get sandwiches because we visit later at night when we first get into town. Almost always get seated immediately. Love sitting out on the deck if we eat there in the early evening and the kids love watching the staff feed the ducks and geese. Also amusing to see all of the fish underwater at night. Very nice atmosphere outside. Inside is freshly painted and very nice. Bar area is the same and slightly darker and more noisy..but that's to be expected.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on Saturday night at the advice of a bus driver, when the original restaurant we wanted to try had an hour and a half wait. Boy, am I glad we ended up here. Not only is the food excellent - potato skins, crab dip, seafood sampler, hamburgers - but I cannot say enough good things about the service (in particular - Ralph).

I attended with three other friends - we were celebrating a Bachelorette. We went to Seacrets after dinner but wished we had stayed at BJ's instead. Ralph interacted with us - joked around, made good food recommendations, and even brought us out a round of shots. The person who seated us remembered a request from the very beginning of a meal and showed up later with exactly what we needed! All of the servers were attentive & made us have so much fun - like we were the only bachelorette party on the island!

We ate outside - perfect weather and perfect view. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Reasonably priced (some restaurants can get pretty pricey in OC), and excellent atmosphere. I cannot say enough good things. Thanks, Ralph, for a memorable experience!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nobody in our party of 7 was disappointed with our visit. Appetizer winners were clams on the half shell and the buffalo style shrimp. The roasted red pepper soup w/crab is one of my favorite soups ever. The Mahi-Mahi sandwich was moist and flavorful, the crabcakes were reported to be good too. Strip steak was cooked perfectly and tasty. Good service and always the great views!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had dinner here and we ate outside where the seating area is located right on the bay. View was beautiful as was the setting sun. Waitress was very pleasant and service was good. Food was good but we felt that it was overpriced for what we got. Fried shrimp and crab cakes were good. Daughter had the chicken teriyaki and was not impressed. My son had the ravioli and after one bite would not eat them. It has a mixed casual dining menu. I would definitely suggest looking at menu online before going.