“Try the Eggplant Parm. Best ever.”

Adolfo's Italian Restaraunt
Ranked #138 of 437 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bridgeville, Delaware
“Try the Eggplant Parm. Best ever.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This neat and clean restaurant has a warm and cozy feel. My wife and I ate there in mid-November. We eat out about twice a week and favor Italian food. Our age group is 50-60. The Eggplant Parm was the best that either of us have ever had. The server was friendly and courteous and the chef came out and spoke to us for a few minutes. Prices are slightly (perhaps 30%) above average but you are right on the ocean. The only thing about our experience that wasn't absolutely perfect was the female greeter at the door. She seemed somewhat bored and mildly aloof. Otherwise a perfect night. If you are looking for a quiet, quality date night - this is it. I don't know how they will be during peak season but we will be returning there often to find out and will post a follow-up review.

• Visited November 2012

Narvon, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm an Italian girl and I must say they made some good food. I had the Eggplant Parm, and my husband had Baked Ziti. You get huge portions and need to take some home.The atmosphere was cozy with views of the ocean.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Maria G
Parkville, Maryland
“dinner out”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

They moved to on the boardwalk in a hotel so they were still open. very nice place great food as usual it is a little expensive but well worth it.

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati
“Abondanza!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This restaurant moved from its previous location on Atlantic Ave. to a new location at 14th St. and the boardwalk making for a much improved parking situation. The ambiance also has improved - the interior lighting is soft and most tables have an ocean view. There is also dining on the front portico. When we entered we were escorted to a table by the hostess and given menus, however, it took a full ten minutes before we were even acknowledged by a server and things were not looking good. When the server finally came, she apologized for the wait and took our drink order and promptly returned with our drinks. From that point on, she was very attentive and engaging. I ordered the chicken cacciatore and my wife ordered the lasagna which I cautioned her about. (She is an excellent Italian cook and makes wonderful lasagna so how can another lasagna ever measure up?) Well, thats exactly what happened. My chicken cacciatore was excellent with the perfect blend of green peppers, onions, etc. and bountiful chunks of tender chicken. (The portions here are very large - I had enough take home for 2 more dinners at our condo.) My wife said her lasagna was "o.k." which was no surprise. Again, a very large serving. We did not order an appetizer this time but if you do, it would be wise to share one because here too the serving size is large. We both feel that this is the best Italian restaurant in the area and look forward to returning next year.

• Visited September 2012
Binghamton, New York
“Great additon to our short vacation”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were only in town 4 nights, came upon Adolfo's while taking a walk on our first night (short distance from Marriott Courtyard). Enjoyed it so much we returned two nights later,
Ocean views were wonderful as was the atmosphere (and the rocking chairs !)
For the most part we had great service (ask for "Mark"), and we loved the food.
If you are in a hurry or have fixed expectations on what Italian food "should" taste like, I'd suggest you go else where. Otherwise relax and enjoy.

• Visited September 2012