“Great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm an Italian girl and I must say they made some good food. I had the Eggplant Parm, and my husband had Baked Ziti. You get huge portions and need to take some home.The atmosphere was cozy with views of the ocean.

1  Thank Maria G
There are newer reviews for Adolfo's Italian Restaraunt

Reviewed October 2, 2012

They moved to on the boardwalk in a hotel so they were still open. very nice place great food as usual it is a little expensive but well worth it.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This restaurant moved from its previous location on Atlantic Ave. to a new location at 14th St. and the boardwalk making for a much improved parking situation. The ambiance also has improved - the interior lighting is soft and most tables have an ocean view. There is also dining on the front portico. When we entered we were escorted to a table by the hostess and given menus, however, it took a full ten minutes before we were even acknowledged by a server and things were not looking good. When the server finally came, she apologized for the wait and took our drink order and promptly returned with our drinks. From that point on, she was very attentive and engaging. I ordered the chicken cacciatore and my wife ordered the lasagna which I cautioned her about. (She is an excellent Italian cook and makes wonderful lasagna so how can another lasagna ever measure up?) Well, thats exactly what happened. My chicken cacciatore was excellent with the perfect blend of green peppers, onions, etc. and bountiful chunks of tender chicken. (The portions here are very large - I had enough take home for 2 more dinners at our condo.) My wife said her lasagna was "o.k." which was no surprise. Again, a very large serving. We did not order an appetizer this time but if you do, it would be wise to share one because here too the serving size is large. We both feel that this is the best Italian restaurant in the area and look forward to returning next year.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were only in town 4 nights, came upon Adolfo's while taking a walk on our first night (short distance from Marriott Courtyard). Enjoyed it so much we returned two nights later,
Ocean views were wonderful as was the atmosphere (and the rocking chairs !)
For the most part we had great service (ask for "Mark"), and we loved the food.
If you are in a hurry or have fixed expectations on what Italian food "should" taste like, I'd suggest you go else where. Otherwise relax and enjoy.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The new restaurant is beautiful inside, but don't let this scare you. The owners and staff are super nice down to earth people. My wife and I both ordered the groper palmadore. It was cooked perfectly, just melts in your mouth. There was a lot of crab meat and other goodies. This is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere on the planet. We go there every time we're in town.

1  Thank PeteDodo