“Overpriced and Poor Quality” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean View Grill

Ocean View Grill
Ranked #253 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Baltimore
“Overpriced and Poor Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were staying at the Quality Inn that is connected to the restaurant and for some reason they actually recommended for us to try this place.

I ordered a ham and cheese omelet and my mom ordered a plain omelet. Both came with toast and homefries. The homefries were lukewarm for both of us, the toast was... well.. toast and the omelets were odd. I have never seen something like this, I guess I'm used to nice fluffy eggs but this looked like some sort of watery egg mix. After a few bites, I cut my losses and stuck with the toast. We would have mentioned something to the wait staff but after they dropped off the food, we didn't see them again until they dropped the bill off.

The biggest shocker, $3 for a cup of horrible coffee.

Maybe their dinners are better. :\

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Vixia

New Providence, New Jersey
“Don't Bother!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We were in OC for a golf weekend and thought we'd try out the hotel restaurant as we should be able to get in and out quickly and make our tee off time. The place was active but not crazy - mostly with golfers. The offerings were the usual breakfast fare and we ordered from the 'limited/special' menu even though we allowed plenty of time. It took almost thirty minutes for five of our six breakfasts to show up and one order of pancakes never did make it. From what I'm told (mine was the pancake order that never showed) the food was fine once it arrived. If you have time to kill and aren't in a rush by all means spend the day here - otherwise there are plenty of other places to have breakfast.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mickydel752
davinci42, Manager at Ocean View Grill, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
First of all Thank You for an opportunity to serve you. We service many golfers and always strive to do our best. It pleases me that the food was up to standards when it did arrive but, I must apologize for your long wait. Iam not exactly sure what went wrong that morning but I am sure that it was an isolated incident. As I said we serve many golfers and other guests and very rarely have such problems but as with anything occasionally mistakes are made. Please accept our sincerest apologize.
McSherrystown, Pennsylvania
“Perfect view and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

We were the only table seated outside and there was one person inside at the bar listening to a guy playing a guitar. Aside from that the view of the ocean is amazing. The crab cakes, steamed shrimp, and steak were decent. There was nothing I would jump out of the seat for but everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and the wives enjoyed the specialty mixed drinks. I would return.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Average breakfast, nice staff, great view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I needed to eat as early as possible, and the Ocean View opened at 6:00 and I was next to our hotel, so we went there. The waitress was pleasant and attentative and our food came out pretty quickly. We both had blueberry pancakes and I also ordered a side of scrapple sliced thin. The pancakes were just okay and the blueberries were teensy tiny. My scrapple came out cut pretty thick, but it was cooked pretty crispy on the outside, so I didn't mind too much. The waitress rough our check out right away because we mentioned we were in a hurry. The sun was coming up just before we left, and it made me wish we could stay longer. It was a beautiful view of the sun rising over the ocean.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pennsylvania
“aweful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

we went to this place for breakfast. They had a buffet or you could order from the menu. I ordered an omlet from the menu.....it was horrible. soupy powdered eggs with plastic cheese and cold ham! My friends ate from the buffet....again soupy powdered eggs and everything on the buffet was cold. Service was cold and unfriendly also. I would starve to death before going there again. $40 for 3 to eat breakfast!!!!AWEFULL!

• Visited September 2011