“Nice place, shuttle bus great, plenty to do on site.”

Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 23, 2009

traveled with softball team. the shuttle bus was great for girls to go to beach. Bad weather they played in indoor pool. the girls played volley ball at the court. I think they had to much fun, didn't do to well at softball.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank brentd01
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2009

We hope that we see your team again soon! Our shuttle service has become one of guests favorite amenities. What started out years ago with one shuttle going every four hours is now two shuttles running none stop from 9am to 10pm. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed June 15, 2009

We chose the FSK motel based on other reviews and we were not disappointed! The beds are very comfortable, the staff is friendly and available, the shuttle is great, the indoor pool was perfect for not so sunny days, and the mini golf, our night fun! Our room was a bit dark but it did not bother us so much. The location is great for people who want quiet time after a day at the beach and/or the buzzing of the boardwalk... After 7 days, our children didn't want to leave! We will be back this summer!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank outdrfun
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We chose FSK after a recommendation from a former co-worker. It figured that we picked the hottest week of the year to visit. I didn't know what to expect, but I was exceptionally pleased! When we didn't utilize the hourly shuttle to the boardwalk, we were dozing by the indoor pool. My daughter didn't want to get out! The rooms were clean, the staff were very helpful. Checking in and out was a breeze. Will I go again? I just booked my reservation! My daughter just requested to "go to the place that has that neat waterslide." My pleasure!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank toodlelu
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2009

Our indoor pool tends to have that wonderful relaxing effect on our guests. Hopefully the weather will be perfect for your next visit! Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts!

Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in April. The hotel was busy because they were running a special package. Regardless of how busy they were, we got great service. It was myself and 3 "13 year olds", not easy to please. They however loved it! They used the indoor waterpark, played minature gold, and volleyball. All this was included in our stay. There is plenty to do and in some ways it isnt even necessary to spend lots of time at the boardwalk with so much other stuff to do. Our room was very clean and plenty big enough. It is a bit dated but fine. Bed was nice and comfy! The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I was looking for something to read, such as a newspaper, so I asked at the front desk and she showed me an entire bookcase full of reading material that I could borrow during my stay. The visit was wonderful. Of course the inlet is a small drive away, being the only thing that for some could be a concern. We took our car to the inlet parking lot and had no problem. I will use the shuttle service in July when I return for my second visit. A great value and a great place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank cmd72
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2009

We are always geared to please all of our guests and I am glad your group of 13 year olds had a good time. We do strive to make an affordable fun atmosphere for all our guests and we center our property around family activities. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed May 27, 2009

This year (2009) will be the third year my family and I have stayed at FSK. We love it! The pools are awesome! There are so many fun things for me and my family to do! Ideal for a family with children. The shuttle service is out of this world! So easy to use and the friendliness of the drivers is the best. They are ALWAYS willing to help you in/out with whatever it is you are taking to the beach. It is really time saving to have the shuttle drop you off and pick you up at the boardwalk. No riding around looking for parking or paying for parking. Overall, I would highly recommend FSK! Can't wait to stay again in July 2009!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mfreeberg
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2009

We are looking forward to your stay in July. Our shuttles are now running an hour earlier (9am - 10pm) to give families a little extra beach time. Thank you for taking the time to write!

Reviewed May 26, 2009

Close to everything, The rates are great, everything you need is right there, People are so friendly,[ GREAT PLACE FOR CHILDREN ] They make you feel at home, Your personal belongings are safe. If you have a expensive car, or moter cycle, You don't have to worry about it on the lot. All these things mean a lot. Trust me you have to check this place out. You can't go wrong Thank you Sincerely Sharon Boyles Pennsylvania

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank melstree
amdinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2009

Thank you for your kind words about the Francis Scott Key. We take pride in our wonderful co-workers and our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to our staff!!

Sincerely

Reviewed May 26, 2009

The rooms at FSK are not the best. They are older, but most have been recently renovated. They are quite dark, also. Having said that, this is a motel at the beach and I have found that even the higher priced hotels along the ocean aren't all that nice. We stayed June '08 for 3 nights and had a blast. Our 6 year old loved the pools (there is one outdoor, one indoor) and the Pirate Sprayground provided her with hours of fun! We also took advantage of our free game of mini golf that was offered. One night, after returning from the boardwalk, we borrowed a board game from the lobby. The free shuttle was the greatest thing! No looking for parking at the beach! It also forced us to scale down the amount of things we were bringing to the beach - yeah!

We really had a fantastic trip and are looking forward to our second stay next month! I really recommend this motel for families. There is so much to do. Just keep in mind that the rooms are slightly dingy...not dirty, just older.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank traydiggs
amdinoc, owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2009

Thank you for your comments. We have placed energy efficient higher wattage bulbs in all guest rooms. We feel it has greatly increased the brightness in the room but would love your input when you stay this month - please see me while you are with us!. Our shuttle will run one hour earlier this summer to hopefully this will extend your beach fun! Looking forward to your stay!