This was our first time stayiong at the FSK Family resort. My family had a nice time despite a few bumps in the road.
Very family oriented
Lots to do from mini golf, pool, playground etc
Movies at night in the main building (loved this, not only did it get us out of the room at night but also added to the "family feel")
The indoor pool is great! My kids LOVED it!
A short ride to the boardwalk
The hotel is right across the street from the Tanger outlets and there are many restaurants in the area.
About 20 minutes after arriving we got a welcome call from the front desk asking if everything was ok.
Ok the room...I know there are mixed reviews. If you are looking for modern or fancy, this is not the place for you. The rooms are quaint and "homey" We had a room with a kitchen which was very useful. Yes, like other review we did have a few bugs while we were there (spiders and such) But at a beach resort I wasn't turned off by this. The bath would fill up everytime we took a shower. Also if you want your sheets changed make sure you ask for them! We left a nice tip on the dresser because we felt bad that my son got a cut and bled on the sheet) Lo and behold same sheets were on that night. We later saw a sign that read sheets are only changed every 3 days unless you ask...every 3 days!
As for the pool, the first day it was perfect! The second day was a little more crowded and FREEZING then I noticed a lot of the slidong glass doors were open! This is maybe what some of the other reviews were talking about? When I asked the lifguard if we could close the ones right behind the shallow baby section he immediaetly closed them....only to be opened again by another guest a few minutes later...grrrr Not the hotels fault, but they shouldn't be allowed to stay open when its only 58 degrees outside.
Last but not least, if your child has asthma or allergies shower right after the pool. Our last night we ended our vacation with a trip to the Emergency room where my son was treated with albuterol. He was coughing and wheezing. The DR. said that places like this have such heavy amounts of chlorine that it can irritate the upper resp system. Again not really the hotels fault at all (I'm sure all public pools use the same amount) just not really the way we planned our last night :(
All in all my family had a great time, not sure I would come back in the off season though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md