Pretty far from the beach. You have to take a shuttle bus and walk a few blocks. They do have regular shuttle services every 15 minutes or so. It can just be incovenient to get to the beach if you have small kids or stuff to carry or it's raining.
The room was old and smelled funny. It was reasonably clean though. We ordered a room with a kitchenette and were given a room that only had a small fridge which was disappointing so make sure you save all your reservation documentation! We forgot to bring ours so we had no proof of the type of room we had ordered.
The indoor pool is very nice. Also we really liked the 50's style restaurant on the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md