Francis Scott Key Family Resort
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$189
$170
$151
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
HIExpress.com
$180
$162
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$219
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
$391
$152
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$359
1,092 results
All reviewspirate shipmini golfshuttle busspray groundfsk resortindoor poolshuttle servicespray parkputt puttmovie nightthe main lodgebasketball courtfree popcornsplash areagreat family funfamily movierecommend this resort
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place isn't designed to please a those looking for luxury, updated furniture, or trendy. It knows it purpose is to keep the parents happy by wearing out the kids with all the fun they can handle. And they are very good at that. They please the parents with very good customer service and a large clean room.
Every kid there was smiling, because the spray ground was huge and well designed, as well as the indoor pool which is more playground than pool. You can't stay at the beach all day, and with this hotel you might actually forget there's a beach only 1 mile away.

Room Tip: no elevator,so second floor might be hard on some older guests
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dewey2cats
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for the review. It is true we are not a luxury property but we do try and give our families an affordable clean and fun vacation experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family decided to go somewhere we had never been before for our family vacation. We decided on Ocean City, MD. I was looking online at ratings for hotels and resorts and I stumbled upon an ad for Francis Scott Key Family Resort. I have a toddler and a teenager, and to find somewhere for them to stay and have a good time is a hard task! This resort has something for everyone, from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool, the arcade and the putt putt course. They are in a great area, not too far from the beach and they even offer a free shuttle ride to the beach constantly throughout the daytime. I had no complaints and won't hesitate to stay there when we go back. We even left our daughters brand new baby doll, and once I contacted Lisa, the housekeeping supervisor, she offered to mail it to me for a minimal fee. My daughter was very happy to see her baby doll three days later. Thanks for a great stay FSKFR.

Room Tip: The rooms with the kitchenettes saved a lot of money on meals because we didn't have to eat out for every meal. Having a full sized refrigerator and freezer was great!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hilarya93
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We are so happy that you choose Ocean City as your vacation destination. Between all the things a family can do here on property for free plus the free events and family fun OC has to offer I believe we are the perfect family destination. Can't wait until we see you on your second trip !!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at Francis Scott Resort 5 days. I had a good time! Check-in was pretty fast, front desk person very informative. Sorry, I can't remember her name. Anyway, I stayed in a room that hadn't been updated with a flat screen & blah blah.. But it was okay. The room was clean, not sparkling but clean. (I noticed a few ants) However, there are several things to do on the resort and surrounding! I was surprised & pleased. My kids loved it & asked to go back! Oh, maintenance was superb... Locked my keys in my car & they out in 5 minutes! Toilet was clogged, unclogged in 5 minutes! Thank you....

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Venus222

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you had maintenance issues but pleased we responded quickly and fixed the problem. We are in the process of adding flat screens to all our guest rooms along with DVD players. We are trying to continue to upgrade all areas of our prpoerty while keeping the rates family affordable.

See your family soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the 2012 Ocean City Half Marathon. As soon as I walked in, the room smelled of smoke and urine. In the evening, when we were getting ready for the next day, I noticed ants ALL OVER the sink area, bathroom and even crawling on the alarm clock by my bed. I did not sleep well, thinking about what ants would be crawling on me that night. Also, the floors were dirty and felt sticky. I would not walk barefoot at all here.

I initially did not comment, thinking maybe I just got a bad room, but from reading other reviews, my experience was not uncommon.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Wolfewoman75

It is difficult to respond to a review that is from four months ago. The marathon weekend in April is our first big sell out weekend of the season. I am not in any saying that these issues did not happen, I just wonder if we were given notice to rectify the situation. We are a non smoking property and we do charge a room recovery fine but people do on occasion smoke in guest rooms. We have ionizers and when possible we will have the room steam cleaned if time allows. We do have all guest rooms professionally steam cleaned in a cycle thoughout the year. The comment about reading other reviews being negative is a question to me. We have had 59 reviews from the beginning of June. Of those 59, 50 were either rated 4 or 5. We have had only four 1 or 2 rated reviews. We are consistanly ranked in the top 15% of all 105 properties in Ocean City. We will never be perfect but it is how we respond to our errors that I strive to be our very best. If this poster would like to contact to me I would love to speak with them.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our second stay at Francis Scott Key. We stayed in an efficiency with a full kitchen. The room was very clean and comfortable. We were supplied with more towels than any other hotel we stayed in. I like the spacious grounds. Plenty of parking. Great activities are all included in the price of the room. We found the staff to be friendly, efficient and always ready to help. Our TV didn't come on and maintenance was there in minutes and took care of the problem. There was also a follow up call to be sure the problem was solved. Check in and out was fast and easy. We were in the Florida building at the back of the property. It was peaceful and quiet. We like to visit Assateaque State and National parks. The location couldn't be better. It's a quick drive to beautiful beaches and wonderful wildlife. Next year we are planning on staying with our children and grandchildren. They will love the pirate ship and indoor splash pool. Very safe and secure site.I found the price to be very reasonable for the amenities included. The onsite restautant has been recently renovated in the origional 50's theme. It was a fun place to visit with a great staff. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: To save money spend a little more and book the efficiency units with a kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jcs2100
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for writing. We love Assateague Island as well...what a gem! We look forward to having your family back and making some more Ocean City memories!