First off I want to say that I really wanted to like this place. They respond to each review and pay attention to their guests. There are just some things I couldnt overlook. Check in was fast and great. My son (2 in July) loved the indoor pool. The pool got really crowded (Easter weekend AND numerous birthday parties). Once the pool got crazy, the life guardes stood up so they could see the children better. One employee was even playing with my son, throwing a beach ball back and forth with him. Staff is top notch. The pool had a whale in the 6inches of water, it is old and some pieces have fallen off of it, needs to be replaced.(no biggy) On to my real complaint, the room. Walls are paper thin, people around seem to not watch their children and let them run up and down the halls. My son was woken up a good 4 times by either the person upstiars watching tv until 130am or someone running up and down the halls. Either way, it was way tooo noisy for me to even sleep. Just imagine a 1 year old with no sleep, it makes for a misarable vacation. We tried on Sat to take a nap, he was once again woken up several times. I was at the point where i almost checked out and went home. The minor issues with the room, the oven is not kid safe. My son could open the door, touch the knobs and all. The only thing I would want is a locking oven. I didnt use the oven but knowing he could open it if I turned my back for 1 second is unsettling. I might be able to give this hotel a chance in a cottage, only have someone next to me. But I will never stay in the hotel rooms ever again. I was disappointed to find out that the resturaunt was closed until Memorial weekend. Nothing was mentioned on their website (unless I missed it) So the staff gets an A+, the room is self gets an F but overall the property can be nice, just needs some updates. Good concept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md