“Pancakes good, rest of food not so good”

Happy Jack Pancake House
Ranked #32 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An Ocean City breakfast tradition for over 50 years! Featuring over 14 varieties of pancakes, omelettes, egg combinations and more! We pride ourselves on great service and fast breakfast, stop by today!
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visit OC yearly and decided to try something different for breakfast on our last day on our way out of town. The service here was great, but the food had a lot to be desired. Sorry, we won't be back!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I don't know where I got the idea to eat here, maybe I saw a sign or something but we wound up at Happy Jack's Saturday morning the day we left Ocean City. We got there at 830, so it didn't take long to get seated.

Food was mediocre but since it was cheap I did not complain. Service was friendly and fast, so that's always a plus. I had strawberry pancakes. My teenager had chocolate chip pancakes. Really, these are just plain pancakes with toppings. These are not pancakes that have the ingredients cooked into it. They're also kind of small, but perhaps that is a good thing.

We also had omelets. They were a little bit boring. I hate to add salt to food but I found it necessary because it was flavourless.

The only reason I'd eat here again is if the kids insisted on it. The food wasn't terrible and it wasn't expensive, so I don't know....

Oh, by the time we left around 915 there was a HUGE wait. I heard the host tell a family that it would be 30 minutes' wait. Plan accordingly.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat and saw Happy Jack's Pancake House. I assumed it to be something like Denny's or IHOP but boy, was I wrong. The place was packed (this was around 1 PM) but I was seated quickly. I was surprised to learn that they just serve breakfast or maybe I just got the breakfast menu. They had pancakes about a dozen different ways as well as the usual breakfast fare. Naturally, I ordered the pancakes. They came out fast and hot and my side of bacon was crispy, just like I like it. The pancakes were light, airy but delicious. I had not had pancakes in some time so I did not know what I was missing. It was a great meal, very reasonably priced, fast and efficient service and very clean, What more could you want?

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great customer service....great food...an overall just wonderful place to eat! we had breakfast and the service was very prompt and our waitress was wonderful!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Happy Jack Pancake House!!!! I love the family oriented staff, the food is delicious, and the prices are fair! Service is fast and friendly as well. Best pancake house ever!!