“Needs updating”
Review of Bonita Beach Hotel

Bonita Beach Hotel
Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night and overall I had a clean room. However, this hotel definitely needs to be updated. The style is a little 1980s. Our unit had a musty smell to it (as did the hallways) and the couch was stained. It took us awhile to figure out what floor the pool was on. But overall it was clean and half a block from the beach, which was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
carouselresort, Manager at Bonita Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear valued guest, we do apologies for your less than adequate stay at the Bonita Beach Hotel. You will be happy to know that the property has gone under the new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence.

We understand your experience was less than satisfactory and we promise we are doing everything we can to make sure your next experience will not be your last.

We are making a lot of great upgrades to the hotel as well as adding staff members to help with everyday operations and improve positive customer experience. Thanks again for staying with the Bonita Beach Hotel in Ocean City, we look forward to having you again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Overvall no major complaints. Stayed 4 nights. Room was clean. Got a Good deal for 4th July holiday. Pros - Nice quiet location if you prefer to be further down from the pier. Pool is ok, had a lot of sand from people coming in straight from the beach. Beach access is perfect! Right behind the hotel. Cons - Patio chairs were a little cheesy and WIFI was terrible. Unable to maintain a decent Internet connection while at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for odd number rooms - they are on the bayside. Even number rooms faced the parking lot:(
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Snookums N

Dear valued guest you will be happy to know that the property has gone under the new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were really considering staying in this hotel to our upcoming visit to Maryland, we were debating between this hotel and another (other one better price and other additions). I noticed that at this Hotel a week prior to our scheduled visit, they had the rooms $20 cheaper per day. I called and asked if it was possible if we could get the $20 discount per day since they were the exact days expect a week difference. The person on the other phone just quickly said "NO" and I went on explainting to him that we were considering another hotel as well and if we could get a discount here we would make our reservation right there and then and with no thought, he said "NO". So I asked if this was the manager to whom I was speaking to and to my surprised it was. I understand that sometime hotels can't make any discounts or adjustments, but just the attitude he replied to me with said to me bluntly, "I don't care for your business" when there's other ways to approach with a good attitude. We really were wanting to stay here, but his attitude just said to us that we wouldn't be able to count on the manager of the hotel if there was to go something wrong during our stay. We hadn't even reserved our stay there and the Manager was already not good to deal with at all! Not customer friendly!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura W

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The walls were dirty; I refused to sleep on the foldout sofabed since the mattress was stained with large brown and yellow spots, and was flat in various areas. I had to exchange "clean" towels since they had light brown hairs and small holes in them. Couldn't wait to leave. This was the first time that I had such an experience in a hotel. Definitely not worth the 200 per night. I would have had the same experience if I had stayed at a cheap motel, but would have saved significantly.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit trip advisor! Reviewers are honest!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela R

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The room is great!big bathroom big beds nice kitchen..balcony was good especially our top 5th floor..bad part was it rained 2 days out of our 6day stay but pool was disgusting.people came right from the sand to wash off in pool..the hallways& elevator was muggy & had a smell...maids were very nice & on their jobs! I would recommend this hotel if pool was clean !!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank LatishaMB

Dear valued guest, thanks for your review. The Bonita Beach property has gone under new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence.

We are making a lot of great upgrades to the hotel as well as adding staff members to help with everyday operations and positive customer experience. And yes, we will be paying close attention to the cleanliness of the pool as well as the entire hotel. Thanks again for staying with the Bonita Beach Hotel in Ocean City, we look forward to having you again in the future!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had a wonderful time and i am going again this year for the basketball event, love this hotel lisa esbrand fink

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Lisa E

Dear valued guest, thanks for your great review. The Bonita Beach property has gone under new management of The Carousel Group. We have had great success in hospitality management and strive for nothing less than excellence.

We are making a lot of great upgrades to the hotel as well as adding staff members to help with everyday operations and positive customer experience. Thanks again for staying with the Bonita Beach Hotel in Ocean City, we look forward to having you again in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a stay at the Bonita Beach Hotel. I'm sure there are nicer places one can find in OC, and I just didn't happen to know where to look, so I booked this place on a whim. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the owner or manager of the hotel, who was very nice for our whole stay. We were given room 205, moved our things inside, and went to lunch. When we came back and took off our shoes, the carpet was soaked. The room smelled like mildew. We reported this to the owner/manager, and he offered to give us a new room. He said that the sprinkler must be broken and that it would require a wall to be ripped out to fix it. He didn't seem phased, and told us this had happened several times recently. We then moved to Room 220, which was better as far as the carpets went. When I went to use the bathroom, the toilet seat was dirty (had old urine on it). We ended up cleaning it ourselves using our sanitizers that we bring on trips, but I seriously wanted to leave right then. Had we not prepaid, I would have hightailed it to another hotel. I still shudder thinking about it. The bed was okay - hard, but the blankets were comfortable (though thin). I didn't use the shower, but my husband said it was horrible (water flew in different directions and felt like needles, temperature adjusted very inconsistently). The wallpaper near the shower was mildew covered and peeling off the walls. We smelled someone smoking pot in the parking lot (which isn't the hotel's fault, but it probably speaks to the clientele who go there). Long story short, I'd find somewhere else to stay in OC if you can. Although the location of the hotel was decent - right near the beach - the hygiene was not.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple