“awesome hotel. dont listen to any of them bad reviews” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Monte Carlo

Hotel Monte Carlo
Ranked #73 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
cumberland, md
“awesome hotel. dont listen to any of them bad reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

on a friday my husband and our one year old daughter went to ocean city on a whim without booking any hotel. when we arrived down there we stopped at the hotel monte carlo and decided to stay there. the price wasnt bad and it was near the beach. when we got up to the hotel room the room was awesome. very nice very cozy. and very large. the hotel was very very clean.the staff was nice. we had to ask for a pack n play for our daughter and though we were charged for it(anymore we just bring it down with us) it was very clean and the staff was happy to lent us one.in fact it was such a nice hotel , clean pools that my husband and i are going down in a month and staying there again.

dont listen to any of the bad reviews cause i think they are just making up lies. this hotel rocks and i will stay there for many many times to come. i even booked my mom there it was that nice. and i woundnt recommend a hotel that i didnt back up 100% percent

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank alison d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

Good location and nice pool. I have never been to ANY hotel/motel in my life that did not get at least wiped down by the maid service. The beds were made and that's it! It was remodeled in 2009, the tiles were filing off, toilet seat slid all over, mini blinds fell off the window when trying to open. There was so much dust in that place, it made me want to gag. I dusted the furniture myself and wiped down the countertop and sinks/tubs in the bathroom. The hotel has plenty of room for larger families, so I guess that is a plus. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Lot153Hance

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

As my friends and I got to the hotel, we parked in the parking lot closest to the hotel. Later we would have to park across the street and run across traffic if we wanted to safely make it to our hotel. Checking in was like checking in with a child who never had a math class. Counting our money was such a hassle for them. Just a tip, if you can't count, don't ask for the money in cash. Next we went up to our room with a pull out bed that you could couldn't even sit on, hard beds, and not enough towels. Room service hardly ever came and the workers there never knew how to solve any problems. The pools weren't even open when we were there and the free sub from subway they advertised was also a hassle to attain. Finally they gave us the money but it wasn't free because of tax, false advertising. There was hardly ever a manager on duty that I could speak with about all the problems. Upon leaving they could not give us our security deposit because a manager was not on duty. They told me to wait 4-5 weeks for it in the mail. I waited and waited and waited until I had to call. No one knew what the problem was, what a surprise, then they told me we never paid it. When we checked in they told us we did. This hotel needs to get it together. I would never stay there ever again and would never recommend it to anyone. No one should have to go through this hell.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank ler5128
hotelmontecarlo, General manager at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, August 15, 2009
In response to this review. this guest thought they had paid a $500 security deposit for their room. This is what we require for guest 23 & under , but this guest was 25 so no deposit was required. We tried to explain to them that they never paid a security deposit. The deposit paid was an advance deposit to hold the reservation. Not sure why the two types of deposits were confused but they were. As for crossing the street, yes some of our parking is directly across the street, however i would not describe it as running safely. There is a cross walk nearby for the safe crossing of all our guest. These guest spoke to almost every member of our management team while they were here for help with directions to the boardwalk which is located near hotel and for directions to other nearby attractions such as seacrets, water park, and go cart racing. We tried to help them out as much as possible, unfortunately i can not give back money that was never paid.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Our arrival was delayed due to a storm. I called the hotel to confirm our arrival and they assured us they were waiting for us. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. The maid service was fine and the rooms were clean and appeared newly updated. The beds were comfortable. All appliances appeared new and were in working order. Soap and shampoo were refurbished each day as was the coffee, all at no charge. The rooftop pool was clean and fairy large in size as was the sundeck. Vending machines were conveniently located. The lobby was small, the elevator was large. A Subway restaurant was attached to the hotel and you could smell the baking bread in the lobby, but not in our room. Location and price was the deciding factor in booking this hotel as it was only 1/2 block from the boardwalk, beach, and the DoughRoller Restaurant. On-site parking was limited, but parking was provided across the street at 2 different locations. Private balcony was nice but had a view of a parking lot--but the hotel doesn't advertise as having an ocean-front view.

2 Thank GrandmaInTheCity
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

My wife and I checked in at the hotel on Aug 5. First time we had ever been to Ocean City. We called ahead and got a room with king size bed. First, the parking is horrendous, cramped, and separated into 3 small lots, and two of them make you walk across a busy roadway. Everything about the hotel just gives you this cramped, dirty, run down apartment feel. Don't let the name "monte carlo" make you think of anything nice. When we first got into the elevator, we both got this sinking feeling in our stomachs. Did we just pay good money to stay in this place? The hallways are narrow and feels like prison. The rooms are worth about $49 in Ohio which is where we are from. We checked out the beach and decided we didn't want to stay at the hotel. I told the manager that we decided not to stay, annd he replied, Oh I'm sorry we don't offer any kind of refund. Less than an hour and we were out $171. Thanks Ocean City and thanks Monte Carlo. Never EVER again will I stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone. Maybe a little refund wold have kept me from writing this negative review. I repeat this is a $49 per room hotelfolks, nothing more.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beckballs
hotelmontecarlo, General Manager at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, August 10, 2009
I am familiar with this reviewer because they sent me an email outlining what they would say in their trip advisor review if I did not refund them their money for their stay. However this guest was evicted from our hotel for excessive loud noise. We are a family hotel and after repeated complaints for partying in their hotel room We are a family hotel and so we make sure to run a peaceful, fun , vacation atmosphere.
Hanover, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stay at Hotel Monte Carlo every summer and going back in August. The room they gave us was top floor with the best view of the boardwalk and beach. The staff was helpfull, nice and made our stay great. The kids loved the roof top pool with the large deck over - looking the city.
There were a few things they need to fix or upgrade. One was the ice machine (one for the whole building) and not having ice for the week because of it being used so much. Second, the room looked clean but we did find a pair of flip-flops under the bed. Third, the elevator is a little slow, but do have stairs.
Other than those things we enjoyed our room, the hotel is located perfect in Ocean City . The hotel is just a block walk to the boardwalk and the price is in reason for the location. I would recommend Hotel Monte Carlo for everyone.

1 Thank tfunky
New Castle, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

The hotel was great. Close to the beach and other activities. My kids love the idea of a rooftop pool!!!

1 Thank jehiler