$229
Hotels.com
$239
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$150
$260
$221
$249
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$248
$220
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$175
$161
HIExpress.com
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$224
$199
ClarionHotels
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$416
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsrooftop poolking jacuzzi roomfront desk staffrooms were very cleanhotel is greatnice sizemini fridgeboardwalkbalconyoceanmdtoasterbay
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I called the first time to place a reservation for September of 2008. The young lady who answered told me I had to call back because the fire department was there and they had to evacuate (sign#1 that I should not have booked a reservation there). I called a couple of days later, made my reservation and was told how much the deposit would be, gave my credit card info and the amount that was charged to my account was higher than what I was quoted would be taken out (sign#2 that I should have not booked a reservation there). so I called to find out what happened and the night manager, very rudely explained to me that the young lady who told me how much the deposit would be was incorrect in the amount she quoted me(sign#3...) I informed the manager that I would like to cancel my reservation and she told me if i wanted to cancel my reservation I would still be charged the $15 cancellation fee plus tax!! Even though it was not my fault!! Now I have to wait 3-4 weeks for my money to be refunded back to my account. That money could be used to book another reservation... somewhere where the customer is more appreciated. I didn't get the chance to stay at the Monte Carlo and I'm glad I didn't, I can only imagine what it would've been like. Poor Poor Poor.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vik85
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Just found out about this site, so sorry for this very delayed review.

Very nice hotel with a nice website as well.

The staff checked me in quickly and greeted me.

Stayed in a jacuzzi king bed room. Very clean, spacious, and comfortable.

The parking lots are not that far from the hotel at all, of course some people rather would not want to cross the street but the speed limit is like 25 mph in this location as well as plenty of lights and crosswalks.

Never made it to the pool area, since I had a jacuzzi.

In the middle of August nothing beats walking out and onto the boardwalk in under 5 minutes, you cant beat that!

I had no problems what so ever. Check out was fast as well.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled with friends
1  Thank MdVacation
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I just stayed at The Hotel Monte Carlo this past July 4th. Before making our reservation at this hotel we researched many Ocean City hotels. We called the Park Place, The Hilton, The Holiday Inn Suites, The Breakers, The Clarion, The Paradise Plaza, The Crystal Beach, and the Tidelands Caribbian. The Monte Carlo had the best rates & in most cases had the most amenities over these other hotels we researched. With money tight these days, this was a welcome relief for our family of six. At checkout, we also received a $30.00 gas card. When we checked in, we were greeted by the friendliest staff of any hotel we ever stayed at. Our room was really super clean. The housekeeper was really nice & accomodating, & we really hated saying goodbye to her. The kids loved the rooftop pool, and the indoor pool. My husband & I loved the comfortable lounge chairs on the pool deck. They were not the cheap white plastic ones, but ones that have comfortable fabric. While the kids went with their Grandparents to the boardwalk, we managed to enjoy some relaxing time in the rooftop jacuzzi. The water was very warm and relaxing. The view of Ocean City from there was breathtaking. It was a nice way to end the day. We will return again next year. You can count on it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ocmama55
Reviewed July 15, 2008

went 2 years ago for a stay with my boyfriend. decided to splurge for a jacuzzi room. the monte carlo seemed like the best price.

check in was fine -- downside was the small parking area aT the hotel itself. very small, but they had another lot about 2 blocks down. we were lucky to find a spot at the hotel itself the first day... only moved the car once to go to dinner a few nights in and had to park in the other lot when we returned.

yes.. the lobby does have a special aroma.. haha... the subway is convienient, but they COULD do something about the smell.. the last thing you think you'll be smelling when you go to the beach is fresh baked bread... then again... it could REALLY be worse. :-)

went to the room and saw the jacuzzi... its NOTHING like the pictures on the hotels website. room was clean and big. bathroom was a little cramped but thats to be expected. bed was comfortable enough (i'm a picky sleeper).

the view wasn't great, but we wern't expecting a oceanfront room anyway (at the time i dont think they had a ocean view room.. now i believe they do??)

the worst part??

after we left i realized i left my FAVORITE sweatshirt in one of the drawers (i'm not the type to put things in drawers, but for some reason i did).. called about a hour after we left and told them the room number and told them that i had left a sweatshirt and that i would pay to have it sent back to me in PA. they took down my address and said they would have someone call after the room was cleaned. never heard from them, so i called the next day. was told i'd get a return call.. never heard from them. called a 3rd time and was told that they COULD NOT send it back to me and that i would have to come to pick it up.

ended up taking a day trip down a week later, so i decided to stop by and pick it up..... yet NO ONE seemed to know what i was talking about, however the employees were the same ones that were there when i stayed!!!

All in all.... it was a good place. a little pricey, but when it comes down to it.. if you're worried about what you might be sleeping in, this is the way to go.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stellar69405
Reviewed July 14, 2008

We stayed at the Monte Carlo during mothers day weekend with our 5 year old daughter, , we Loved our room , it was spacious, all of the staff we came accross was very nice and helpful. The hotel was clean, There is parking at the hotel and across the street but you could drop off your things at the underway and move across the street instead of walking across the street with everything. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family