“Great stay AGAIN !!!! Always a pleasure to go to this hotel !! )”
Review of Hotel Monte Carlo

Hotel Monte Carlo
Ranked #81 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for most of the week again this year. We try to visit Ocean City at least once a year and have been coming down the week of our anniversary - which is the week between the car show and memorial day.
As usual, we booked the room with a king bed, jacuzzi.... and we had a great room once again. The rooms are great value and only having to walk out the front door and around the side of the building to be on the boardwalk is fantastic. I always park in the lot directly across the street and save the $20 a day fee that is charged to park under the hotel - I have never had a problem. Rooms are clean....staff is friendly.... and we always get a great discount by booking online directly from their website.
If there are ever any problems during our stay - the staff resolves them immediately and considerately.
Nice pool, hot tub and picnic area on the rooftop as well.

1  Thank mrcards58

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had such a wonderful time at this hote! The staff was amazing! My husband and I made reservations, soon as we got to the hotel told them our names everything was ready. We were off to our room. Our room was very clean, fresh lining and to my surpising a heart shape jacuzzi. I would like to Thank the staff of the Monte Carlo for showing us such welcoming hospitality especially the maintenance man who told us about a great seafood restaurant. We will be back again. Thank you!

1  Thank starjones011
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at the Monte Carlo. I've noticed a lot of mixed reviews about this hotel and was very surprised. I am sure that those who have encountered problems during their stay may have happened, but for the most part this hotel is nice! Now if you are a person looking for Ritz Carlton quality at ANY ocean/beach hotel or motel, well, you will never find it at ANY of the properties located in Ocean City Maryland! But if you are looking for a good/great value hotel that is clean, has the basic amenities, a pleasant staff and that is centrally located right smack in the middle of the action spots on the boardwalk then the Monte Carlo Hotel is for you. If it was all that horrible the 1st time we went, we would have never came back to stay for a 2nd time.

5  Thank bronzeindian
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This was my second year staying at the Hotel Monte Carlo and I was not disappointed again. For the prices they offer, you are wondering what is the catch, but it is wonderfully located, large spaciious rooms that were very clean and I love the indoor pool.
THIS is my hotel of choice for my OC vacations.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DCBBW
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Monte Carlo this past weekend. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and the room was clean. Don't go by the hotel website because it makes it look more upscale that it actually is. Very vanilla. The room has the basics but no more. Standard beds, standard bath and a small kitchenette. Some suggestions that I would make to bring it up to par with other basic oc hotels are: furnish icebuckets and ice for the rooms ( we were told to make ice in our freezer w/ the ice tray however they only provided one tray that was very very small. we were also told that we could buy bagged ice at the local 7-11 however that would never fit in the freezer), need a hook in the bathroom to hang wet bathing suit, need some kind of glass or paper cups on the room( we had to go down to the desk to ask for cups and they asked if 2 was ok, i asked for 4 and that was ok. they acted like they were rationing them per room ) and the chairs on the balcony need a major upgrade- very uncomfortable. The indoor pool was about the size of a large hot tub. More than 5 people and it would be crowded. The parking was quite unique as they had about 8 spaces under cover and just outside the lobby not including the handicap spaces. The rest of the spaces were across the street which is not unusual for OC hotels. However, if you wanted to park in the spots undercover ( not including handicap) you were required to pay an extra $20.00 per night to park there. I have never heard of a parking fee at any hotel in OC except this one. The handicap and parking across the street was free. Would I stay here again? Probably not. MY husband and I like something that is not so vanilla. All in all the stay was great but the hotel is not our cup of tea.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cindycPasadena_MD
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Staff was helpful and friendly. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Location ideal for
downtown. Only thing better would be oceanfront.

Room Tip: Next time we will request ocean view room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wiestling
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I had a great stay at Hotel Monte Carlo. It was conveniently located near the boardwalk and dough roller with great breakfast. The staff was fun, professional and pleasant. When I needed a taxi, they called one for me. The rooms were clean and when I needed extra towels the cleaning staff was happy and willing to give them to me. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family