Lankford Hotel
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
$179
$180
$162
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$129
$150
$161
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$219
$391
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$325
Hotels.com
All reviewsrocking chairscontinental breakfastthrasher's friesfront porchno elevatorpeople watchingcharming hotelrooms are smalleach morningbike rentalsbedroom apartmenta wonderful place to staydairy queenparking lothotel lobbyannual tripnight stand
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed in an apartment of the Lankford hotel.My first year with a lot of family members. We stayed in the 3 bedroom apt. called the sea robin 2. The apartment , the staff at the hotel, and everyone else that we encountered working there were great. Our apartment was so great that we couldn't wait for the next year. As soon as I recieve a letter from Lankford for this year (2010) I called to book for the year. I don't know how the hotel is but the apartment was great !! We had 2 parking spaces, I wish we had the internet in our apartment but you have to go to the lobby to get it , but if that's the only down fall , well I'm ready to go back now!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank natlite
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Our family has stayed in a couple of different rooms of this old beauty. No elevator so be prepared for the long hike to the third floor if you take one of these rooms-dark paneling throughout, not very modern, but quiet and comfortable. A huge front porch at boardwalk level and another upstairs with rocking chairs-perfect for watching the sunrise over the ocean. The AC in our room would freeze us out when left on.
We rented the Robins Nest apartment (lower unit) just off the ramp behind Thrasher's French Fries on 8th Street. Front porch, close to bike rentals and anything else you could want (no pool, sorry!) This apartment is very modern and extremely well kept. The free continental breakfast in the Hotel's main lobby is just a short walk across their parking lot. Yes, they have private parking and it's right there near the apartment so no long walks, plus there is a convenience store for milk, bread, etc... right down the alley out back. The staff is great, plus they seem to bring over guys and girls from Ireland with the greatest accent and best manner's we encountered anywhere on our trips. The price is right, location is great and we felt right at home the minute we arrived. If you don't like old paneling & plumbing, then make sure to get an apartment (yes, they will set up a time to tour it if you ask!) We've stayed many times and always come back for more.
Have been unable to go there for a few years now for other reasons, but am planning a stay again in August 2009.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Bolinins
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I have stayed here quite a few times since 2001 and will again in 2009 and beyond--first as a single woman looking spontaneously for a place to stay at my local beach, then with my sister in a room with two twin beds, then with my fiance, and now again with my husband. I have recommended it to my parents and friends and they enjoyed it too. Basically whenever a family member is coming to OC, I recommend they stay here--it's like an old timey Waltons family beach cottage--the sun shines in during the breakfast time and you can sit on the porch to eat which IS LITERALLY FIVE STEPS FROM THE BOARDWALK AND BEACH! That was the real draw for me initially, plus the tall white porch columns and the rocking chairs. As a single woman, I always felt safe and could just luxuriate in the beach experience. There is a great 2nd/3rd floor balcony with rocking chairs too to watch the sunset. During off season, the prices are especially reasonable--cheaper than most modern chain motels in a typical non-beach city elsewhere; even during summer peak, it's the best deal on the BOARDWALK! It's not fancy or "high end," but an old fashioned, antiques-in-the-hall, creaky stairs, beachfront sunset, travel back in time with your grandma kind of place at grandma's prices. Good setting for a Miss Marple mystery--great for writing or relaxing and just enjoying life!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xmasinjunebride
Reviewed February 9, 2009

The Lankford is an older hotel with lots of charm. We have been staying there for over 20 years. It is in a perfect location in old Ocean City, right on the beach and within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, boardwalk games and a playground. It is definitely a family hotel, and not a place for young singles.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kay3md
Reviewed July 15, 2008

It was my first time to OC and I went with my boyfriend and parents. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had booked literally the night before for a 2 night stay at the Lankford. Despite having lived in MD my entire life, my family never made the trek to OC and boy did they have a great experience. The hotel is old, but that added to the character. The staff was extremely friendly and when my BF asked about fishing spots, one of the staff members hopped on his personal cell and made a call to a good friend of his to ask questions. That's service!! They had a warm breakfast first thing in the morning which included coffee, doughnuts, oj, and croissants. Don't expect to spend all day at the hotel as there really isn't a lot of amenities there for you, but it's just perfect for a place to rest your head after a day on the beach and the price and view were excellent during peak season. My parents' favorite thing to do while there was sit on the porch and people watch. I am planning another trip back and if we weren't toting along a 1 and 2 year old, I would definitely go back to stay. This hotel may be suitable for older children, but I wouldn't recommend really young ones to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family