“Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lankford Hotel

Lankford Hotel
Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We decided to stay here after reading the wonderful reviews on this hotel as we have had it with the pricier and larger hotels on the boardwalk. (The past few years we paid higher room rates for amenities we did not need and then we were frequently awakened in the middle of the night to LOUD fire alarms forcing us to evacuate down the stairs-- the alarms were set off by teens with nothing else better to do!!!). Having a "2:30 AM curfew here was music to our ears. We were never disturbed by any other guests inside or outside the hotel.

This hotel is run and maintained the way it should be as I hear that these guests return year after year. Everything from start to finish made our stay sooo pleasant -- EASY access to the parking lot made packing and unpacking the car so easy. Access to the beach is wonderful as are boardwalk amenities. Having no elevators to wait for was a blessing for us we were only one flight up and we know how long some elevator waits can be in other hotels. The owners and staff always had a smile on their faces and were NEVER too busy to answer questions we had or to assist us in any way.

We chose a small room ocean front to save some money and it fit our needs. Even though the room was small we made the most of it knowing that we planned to spend the majority of our time outside.

All in all, we were EXTREMELY satisfied with our stay and will be back again next year!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Diane D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at The Lankford Hotel. The staff was friendly, the price was right and the location was perfect! The hotel is older, but the room was clean and we just used the room to sleep, so we didn't need anything fancy. The only complaint I have about the room was that the air conditioner was very loud and rattled a lot...I think it's on it's last leg. But it was a minor problem and really didn't bother us much...the room stayed very cool. I was surprised at how quiet the hotel was, we were never disturbed by loud guests during our stay. They also had complimentary bagels/toast/coffee/tea in the mornings which I thought was nice. Seemed very kid friendly (they even have a couple toys in the lobby). If we come back to Ocean City (and I hope we do!) I will definitely be choosing The Lankford Hotel again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ChelsH23
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Pros: The location was perfect as you are directly on the boardwalk and seemingly in the middle of everything. The hotel staff did a great job of cleaning the rooms and was very polite and helpful.

Cons: The room and bed was tiny (Lodge Side Room) and my wife and I had a hard time sleeping. The shower head needs to be replaced and it was hard to take a shower. Wifi hardly worked.

All in all my expirence may be slanted because my wife and I could have chosen a larger room but did not. If I were to revisit I would require a bigger room. The other issues I had (wifi and shower) are easily fixed and I believe will eventually get done.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Lankford Hotel represents what Ocean City is to so many people-a family place to enjoy the beach. We have been staying at the Lankford for 21 years, and love it! The owners and staff are so welcoming and helpful-they truly want you to enjoy your time in Ocean City. The Lankford Hotel has the best location on the boardwalk-you can park your car, and walk everywhere! We can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very clean-oceanfront is a bonus!
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Maria B
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We recenlty visited the Lankford Hotel in Ocean City to attend our son's retirement from the Coast Guard. The hotel was excellent. Mary and her staff were superb. Location was wonderful. Thanks very much!

1 Thank Doug K
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Hotel is in a nice location close to all the major hubs around, location is safe for a traveller. Rooms are nice and had lot of space in it. Bathroom was also good. But the room they gave me didn’t had a nice view. Food served was great. Hotel is recommended. Only problem that I had was WIFI which wasn’t working here.

Room Tip: nice rooms view like it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank chitti_sriya
Levittown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This amazingly young 90 year old hotel represents what Ocean City is all about. It has all the charm of Ocean City's yesteryear's and the location of all the the fun and exciting experiences of the Ocean City of today . The rooms are spotless and charming . The owners are in the process of updating the some of the rooms which only adds to the draw to this hotel. There are no fancy amenities only the beautiful beach and an outstanding location . I cannot say enough about the staff . Mary and Sarah and their families really make you feel like you are part of their family. So if you are looking for a clean charming place in Ocean City to stay and enjoy the beach, The Lankford Hotel would love to welcome you to their "family".