New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“BAIT & SWITCH !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edge
You added The Edge to your Saves list
Ranked #48 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Woodbine, Maryland
“BAIT & SWITCH !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Booked the Penthouse, had the reservation and then they took it away !! Tried to switch me to another room AFTER the reservation was confirmed!! Had stayed there more than 5 times and this is what they do to (formerly) loyal customer!!?? Manager offered to "make it right" by promising to send me a 2 night free coupon. NEVER SENT IT !! BAIT, SWITCH AND LIES !
STAY AWAY !!!

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Zack3239

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed for Valentines weekend and the Edge exceeded our expectations... The suite and the staff were wonderful as was the entire property. I had made a few special requests and they were taken care of with ease. Great stay and we look forward to the next time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WingTransport
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My wife and I have spent two long weekends here and have enjoyed both very much. Rooms are comfortable and weel decorated with a good view. Fager Island is a few step away and it has a restaruants/& bar.This is a prefect place for a quick escape.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travler22
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Edge Hotel for four days. When we checked in we were greeted like VIPs. We stayed in the Orient Express and was very satisfied. Services for this hotel were impeccable. The room was more than we expected. The view was spectacular. We will return to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maury D
Poolesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here many times over the past several years. This was especially nice. Bay-side OC can't be beat. Very relaxing. Have the staff make a sunset reservation at the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William M
Pasadena, Md
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I was very excited to have found this place onine but am thinking twice about staying here now. I have had to call back 3 different times to just to ask questions because each time I feel like I am limited to asking one question and even that is a bother to the person on the other end. Every single time i have called the person answering the phone was extremely rude! I told them I was completely unfamiliar with the hotel and was just trying to get some information and they acted like I was bothering them. When I asked about availability they actually told me they would have to call me back another day to make my reservation???? I have never heard of such a thing! I am very disappointed because I was really looking forward to staying here but due to the terrible customer skills of thier reservationists I do not know if I want even want to now. I will leave another review if I do decide to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank chelle695
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here a few weeks ago as part of our honeymoon and we had such a good time!
When we checked in we were received with two glasses of sangria which were quite delicious. Then we were taken to our room and my husband and I were blown away. We stayed at the safari room and it was huge! The bathroom was gorgeous, the bed was comfy, the jacuzzi was big, and the view was to die for. The hotel is located on the bay side of ocean city which in my opinion is better than the beach side anyways. I really enjoyed waking up every morning and eating our breakfast on the balcony. We spent a marvelous time at the pool which was never crowded and enjoyed getting more of that awesome sangria. It was literally steps away from the restaurant which had a lot to offer. We would love to go back and stay at one of the other rooms to get a different experience. Overall I was impressed with the room and the location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple