“Perfect O.C. hideaway”
Review of The Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edge
Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Catonsville, Maryland
“Perfect O.C. hideaway”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

If you've ever been to the Ocean, you must stop by and see the hidden treasure that is the Edge Hotel and Suites. These are private suites that are hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the Ocean City vacationers. My husband and I have stayed here 3 times and our suite was just perfect! They're open year round and the rates are exceptional. You are still within a short distance of the Boardwalk and all other O.C./Rehoboth hotspots. Wonderful trip and beautiful stay. Thanks to Fager's Island!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BMore_1989

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed February 8, 2011

As I write this review my first thought is how could there possibly be 25 better hotels than this one in Ocean City. (Today it is listed as #26.)
As a local, I certainly never have a need for hotels except on a special occasion, which this was.
We stayed at The Edge for our anniversary night, enjoying dinner at Fager's Island (just across a rustic wooden bridge) next door.
We had heard about the different 'themed' rooms, and decided on the Oriental. It was an excellent choice! (We later asked for, and was taken on a tour, to see the decor of the other rooms. Every one of them was beautiful.)
The hotel was pristinely clean, bright, with a wonderful view of the bay (and wildfowl) through huge windows. But perhaps the best part of all was the quietness. ("Quiet" in Ocean City? Incredible!)
I need not go into more detail. Suffice to say that you will NOT be disappointed with a stay at this hotel. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT bring the kids. First off, they will be disappointed for the lack of things to do (and the location - away from everything), and secondly, they may disturb the ambience for the rest of the guests.
Looking for a romantic night? Stay here. Period.
I wanted to stay for a week.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OCsandy
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Again this year my husband and I are heading for Ocean City MD for our anniversary. Our favorite place to stay is The Lighthouse and the Edge. In all the many times we have been there we have found no faults. Mary at the front desk is always friendly and helpful. We had stayed at other places in Ocean City and were never really happy till we found The Lighthouse and Edge.. We have recommended this to family and friends who loved it also.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Isabella038
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We stayed at The Edge as a weekend getaway and it was exactly that! My boyfriend and I loved everything about this place. When we reserved the room, we were kind of reluctant to stay in the Bali room because it was noted as the "smaller, more intimate" room at the hotel. We were really surprised to find out how big it actually was (looks like approx. 500 - 600sq.ft). Much bigger and better than the average hotel room. (Although we peeked into some of the other rooms while they were being cleaned and they were HUGE!) Everything in the room was well appointed and intimate, from the furniture to the bathroom. There is a small patio that overlooks the Bay. There is a slight view of the pool also. The jacuzzi also had a beautiful view of the Bay. There is a nice flat screen over the fireplace, a wet bar, refrigerator, teas and coffee maker. There is complimentary soda and water, as well as glasses (even wine glasses). The staff were very nice. Even though they closed at 11pm, we didn't need them for anything that late anyway. Suzy at the front desk was very nice and she made our dinner reservations for us each night. Fagers Island restaurant and bar was excellent. There was an appropriate scene for whatever you like, all under one roof. There was a "sports" bar, "tiki" bar, sand, fine dining, outdoor dining, dance floor, live band, DJ - pretty impressive. All of this right over the beautiful wooden footbridge. Have fun and I hope this long review helps!

P.S. When making your reservations make sure you call and check the availability of the rooms that you like (based on the pics from the web) because the online reservation system doesn't allow you to choose your room.

4 Thank TRenee55
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Can’t believe how wonderful our 40th Anniversary was.My husband booked a room in Ocean City. It was one he had found on the internet and when he told me we were going to Ocean City, I wasn’t that pleased that we were going to the beach, but when we walked into The Lighthouse, I couldn’t believe my eyes! From the first person who greeted us at the desk until we left two days later, we had nothing but smiles and people who were definitely prepared to service our every need.

The suite was beautiful. I couldn’t believe the size of the Lightkeeper Suite which my husband had reserved. We had a fireplace, a 4-poster bed, a large balcony, a double Jacuzzi tub and so much room. One of the best surprises was the Clubroom on the ground floor with the fabulous views of the bay. We were able to sit out on the porch in the sun and read and in the evening we sat next to the fireplace and had a glass of wine. Oh, and another surprise that pleased my husband especially, was the warm cookies in the afternoon in the clubroom. We were there both days waiting for them to come out of the oven.
We had never been to The Lighthouse and we were fortunate enough to have a tour of one of the smaller rooms at the Lighthouse but also, the lady at the desk offered us
a tour of the suites at The Edge. We loved all the different suites there but we think we will start a new tradition celebrating our 41st anniversary again at The Lighthouse.

1 Thank leahlikestotravel
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Stayed there for 2 nights. I am pretty amazed about the reviews of the other people. This place is definitely not worth $200+. Breakfast is awe full. You get only two muffins, orange juice and some fruits. Building is too old and the service is real terrible. The receptionist leaves at 11.00 PM. If you want some service after 11, you are on your own. You will not find a single person to attend to your call. We stayed there during early may and it was still a bit cold. To my surprise they didn't have the heating system enabled ( What a waste of 200$ ). We were provided with a heater. Its really amazing how much they charge for the kind of facilities they have.

One suggestion : Please spend your money wisely!!! Choose a better option!!!
If you still decide to stay there, at least make sure you ask them to change the covers. They change it every other day unless you request them to change daily.

3 Thank realreview_10
Linthicum, MD
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I was given a gift certicate to stay two nights at the Edge in Ocean City. I have always loved Ocean City for it's high energy lifestyle. Always somwthing to do all the time. Like my life, I am always busy. Than I drove into Ocean City one cold day in December 2009 and I was in for a complete surprise. Owned by Fagers Island, the Edge is more like an Inn than a hotel. It is nestled in between Fager's Island and The Light House Inn on the bay in central OC. You cross a small bridge to get to either the Lighthouse or the Edge and if you want to go to Fager's Island, it is only accessable by a foot bridge. So even in OC, you feel like you are on a remote island. The room we stayed in was not like any other hotel I ever stayed in at OC. The shower and bathroom are about the size of a small bedroom. The bedroom/living room consited of a very comfortable bed, a not so comfortable sofa, an electric fireplace, a jacuzzi tub right next to the floor to ceiling(2 story) windows overlooking the bay. and a small little private pool within steps of the back door of your room. They had a moist breakfast cake and fresh fruit for us in our room waiting for us along with fresh squeezed OJ and assorted sodas and water all at no additional cost. What a relaxing two days that will stay with our family forever. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family