“Outstanding hotel with fabulous suites, friendly staff, service and totally wheelchair accessible.”

Comfort Suites Ocean City
Ranked #51 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Since a very small child in 1950 and numerous OC trips with my family, Ocean City has been my favorite place to visit. Except for the old and no longer existing hotels: Rideau and Commander, this hotel is at the top of the list of where I will always book my stays.

Yes, it is not located on ocean front, but is less than a mile drive away and the Comfort Suites in West Ocean City is outstanding. My 30 yr. old best friend and I loved this location. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Loved how the suite was sectioned into living, sleeping and work areas. Never had a arch sectioning in a
guest room....

I am wheelchair bound and the bathroom and entire suite was totally accessible for
my use. Without a traveling friend, I could have managed this suite on my own. This is an unique feature for this hotel. It meets all ADA specifications!

The free continental breakfast from 7:30-9:30 AM was beyond expectations. Great
variation of foods and best ever served with no charge.

From this location, there are many restaurants available for lunch and dinner. Great
variety of types of food and price range & super outlet mall across the highway.

I strongly disagree with several reviews of the cat lover from Baltimore and others......

With the conditions in the USA in 2010, a hotel check-in is throughly efficient when validating the identity of the guest checking in with verification of driver's license and
requesting a home phone number. This procedure is not unique for this site as I
previously have had to supply this information at hotels all over the USA. (If you
leave something behind in the suite, you can be contacted at home. Great feature.)

Suite was totally clean and available before the check in time as it was occupied
the night before our arrival. Check In procedures were efficient and fast.

We heard absolutely no dogs barking within the hotel and several pets were booked
into rooms specifically designated as pet rooms. Yes, my dog was registered with
us and travels with me all over the country. Thank you for allowing my fur companion
to stay with us. Responsible pet owners take appropriate care of their pets at all times.

Throughly enjoyed this visit and am booking several other stays for this year. This visit
was for the Ocean City Springfest.

Kudos to the staff of this Comfort Suite!!!!!!! 5***** rating!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OCMDluvsince1950

Reviewed April 14, 2010

Took my boys here for a weekend Spring Break getaway. We took our dog, which didn't leave us with much in the way of hotel options. When we arrived at the hotel an hour before our check-in time, we were told no rooms were ready yet. We were able to do all the check-in paperwork and were told to just pick up the key in an hour at check-in time. The boys and I then went to the beach and boardwalk and spent 3 hours walking around enjoying ourselves until we all decided we were tired hungry and that it was time to go back to the hotel for a break. We got back to the hotel at 5 p.m. (2 hours after check-in time), I was told the room wasn't quite ready as they'd "had some problems." I was pretty annoyed, and when I asked how much longer it would be since it was already 2 hours past check-in time, I was told "not much longer" and the desk clerk then went to check on the room. When she returned, she said they were "cleaning the room right now and it shouldn't be much longer." In the meantime, the boys and I sat in the breakfast area to eat our pizza and watch TV. The room was ready in about 20 minutes, and as we were waiting for the elevator to go up to our room, the desk clerk told me she would waive the pet fee and give us 10% off the room rate. I was pretty surprised and happy to get that offer, especially after a previous bad experience at a Crowne Plaza. It definitely made our wait worth it, especially since the pet fee is $35 (a littly pricey, esp. when you only have a Chihuahua)!!! Our room was nice - 2 double beds, sofa bed, fridge, microwave, etc. Very comfortable! The continental breakfast was good (waffles, fruit, etc.) My only other complaint was that when we checked out, the desk clerk that morning (not the same woman who offered the waived pet fee & 10% off the room rate) said the pet fee had been waived, but 10% had not been taken off the room rate, and he didn't bother to change that. I was a little disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank Bewitched168
Reviewed April 7, 2010

The check-in policies for this hotel were the most invasive that I have ever experienced. They wanted a credit card and my license, the information from which they entered into some sort of database to confirm my address! Not only that, they wanted a telephone number on top of that information. I was very uncomfortable with releasing all of this information to them, especially considering that the room was already prepaid! The place isn't even all that nice, and has a lot of barking dogs around to wake you up (I didn't realize that it was a dog hotel when I booked it). I won't stay there again, and if I'm the victim of identity theft, I know the first place that I'll be looking at!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BaltimoreCatLover
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed at this Comfort Suites after spending the previous night at the Comfort Inn in Rehobeth Beach and wished we would have spend 2 nights here. We had a suite with a fireplace and heart shaped whirlpool tub. This was a great room. I was concerned about being at the top of the stairs/elevator but the way the room was positioned, we did not hear much hall noise. The breakfast was typical waffles, cereal, toast, fruite, etc. This was a great deal for the money.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vacationlady1
comfortoceancity, Manager at Comfort Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and we are happy that you enjoyed the suite with the fireplace and heart shaped whirlpool tub! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2009

My family and I had a wonderful stay for Delmarva Bike Event. We took our two Papillions, Dyna and Dex, with us. The staff, Stephanie, George, Don and Mary, made our stay very enjoyable. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Everyone was very helpful, friendly and most of all loved pets. We will be back for future stays. Keep up the Good Work. Thank you....

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank dynadog

Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and staff. We want all of our guests to feel like family. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed September 12, 2009

My husband myself and my 2 kids stayed here for our family vacation and we definitely enjoyed our stay, Staff was very accommodating and pleasant. Rooms were very clean. Very nice pool however we were very disappointed in the continental breakfast. Breakfast ended early 9;30am the staff had already cleaned up before so if you went down at 9;15 there wasn't anything to eat they were putting everything away. Seating was horrible more people than tables, huge line for waffle maker. Laundry facilities only had 1 wash and 1 dryer.

Overall we did enjoy our stay. Location was fine even though it wasn't on broad walk it was a short drive to beach and broad walk. To me cleanliness is important and this hotel definitely rates high in that area.
Recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jcrow1060

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the cleanliness of our hotel. We strive to make each guest's stay as pleasant as possible. We have addressed the continental breakfast procedure with the staff so changes will be made. Thank you.

Reviewed August 28, 2009

PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING WITH THIS HOTEL!!! My family (6 adults and 4 kids) was treated as dirty as the hotel room!! To list a few things that were totally discusting.... my sister had to vacumme our rooms at 10:30pm because it had not been done and there was no one there to do it, pubic hairs in the tub and all over the floor, DIRTY WASH CLOTHS over the shower curtain, moldy shower curtain, dirty sticky counters, take home food in fridge, only one set of towels in each room, tip envelope from cleaning crew... etc etc. this is by far the worst experience i have had ANYWHERE especially from a hotel. At $183 per room per night (we had 2 rooms) we were beyond disapointed! Not expecting a Hilton experience but I have stayed in a $80 hotel that was much nicer.... Worst yet all we received for this horrible filthy experience was an $80 voucher to another one of there most likely dirty motels (which will probably be given to a bum) Every employee there treated us very unprofessionally and were extremely rude to all of us like this was our fault!! This is the only 2nd bad review I have written in my life which means it must be pretty horrible for me to complain...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank cpeldo

Thank you for the review. We want all of our guests to have an enjoyable stay and they need to let management know when there are problems. Our guests mention the cleanliness of our hotel in many reviews, so this was a room that had not been cleaned properly. We are sorry for your inconvenience and have instructed the staff to make the necessary improvements. Again, always let us know when there are problems upon checking in or during your stay.