“Great location on boardwalk nice rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #86 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Great location on boardwalk nice rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed Monday-Thursday and had a good time with no problems. I was a little scared after reading some of the reviews about the hotel but we had a great time. The water pressure stinks but most places I've stayed have crappy water pressure. We stayed in the two room suite w/2 kings beds, pull out sofa sleeper and kitchenette. It was my husband and me, my 20 yr. old daughter and her boyfriend and two 15 yr. old boys. Having a safe in the room was great for locking up things before you left the room. Beds were comfortable and we had fitted sheets unlike what was described in an earlier review. Pools are small but nice. They were always busy while we were there. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Lester04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

the hotel is nice the parking wasnt to good very small spaces but you gotta use what you have to run a business.my stay was pleasant my room was on the fifth floor my housekeeper was very pleasant and helpful.i would suggest better front desk clerks the girl at the front desk didnt tell me i had to reset my key.then i tried to unlock my door and still didnt get in once again the housekeeper had to let me in thanks to her or i wouldve had to wait for the 20min elevator again. but overall i enjoyed my stay.not as bad as some old reviews.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank chronichild
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Tidelands for the 2nd year this past weekend and it was everything we knew from last year and then some! We were again celebrating our anniversary and we had a blast! The price is not bad, the location is perfect - not too far from anything you want to do, the pool on the roof is the best spot for sun and seclusion, the rooms are very spacious and clean, and the balconies are great for just enjoying a nice breeze with your morning coffee. There's easy access to everything from the ocean, boardwalk, bars, restaurants and the strip and the staff is very helpful and courteous. This was our 3rd year in OC for our anniversary getaway and only our 2nd stay at the Tidelands, but certainly not our last. See ya next year!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hrshygrl
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

My husband and I come to Ocean City every year for a week in April. This year we decided to stay at Tidelands Caribbean. We booked an ocean front room and the view was beautiful. The room had 2 queen beds, a pull-out sofa, and you sill had plenty or room to walk around. The stove in the room was also a nice plus because we are not big on eating out every night. This is a great family hotel, and we are sure we will be returning next year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank paigeme0002
maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed at the Tidelands with my four children and my sister and her daughter stayed in another room. Neither of our rooms was ready by check-in. Bathroom by roof top pool was filthy, toilet not working, no trash can. Pool area was filthy, again no trash can so trash was everywhere. Both pools very small. One king bed was completely lopsided and box spring had to be replaced. No bedding for pull out. Had to call three times and took 3 hours to receive with tired children waiting. Many rooms in seperate buildings which are not on boardwalk actually at least half block from ocean. Might as well pay less for not boardwalk location. No broom in room walked on sandy cold tile floor for two days. Halls smelled of mildew due to previous flooding. Outside walking to pool area smelled of trash due to trash cans lining the path. Finally, my car was keyed up and down both sides 20 minutes after arrival. I informed front desk who could have cared less.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tripletsplus1mom

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Northern Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

So, I usually go with my friends to Ocean City once a year and this year we picked a bad hotel -- Tidelands. First off, the hallways reeked of something terrible, can't really describe the smell -- maybe a mix of paint and trash? The bathroom was pretty gross -- there was rust or something dark on the bottom of the bath tub that couldn't be washed away (very unsightly) and it was clearly an old bathroom with some weird dried glue stuff or something on the edges of the sink. The bed covers were also stained, which was not comforting. Pillows were all different, some lumpy, some fatter, some flatter, not very nice pillows. Internet was super slow. The housekeeping decided not to clean our room the 2nd day because one person was in there when they arrived and instead they dropped off 3 towels (it was a 4-person room). With all the sand from the beach and dirty towels, it would have been really nice to have the place cleaned! On top of that, there wasn't enough parking one evening and we had to search for parking on the street. Oh, and there was a fire alarm one of the mornings at around 7:30 AM so we had to evacuate. We stayed 3 nights and were quite glad to leave.

In short, this was NOT a pleasant place to stay. The only good thing about it is the location. We've stayed at other hotels in Ocean City before and they were not this old and dirty, so try another place instead.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank TennisRF
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

Parking is a hassle, there is one elevator for 5 floors. You have to wait for the elevator just a few feet away from the front desk, where the space narrows down for one person to be able to pass to this space that is big enough for 3 or 4 people to wait. If you are checking in/out and you have your bags, coolers and groceries - good luck. It is a tight fit. The ice machine was broken, but if it was working, bring money because you have to pay for ice. "Lucky" for us - they were selling bags of ice for $3, the same size you can get at the grocery store for $1,79. We had to ask for sheets for the pull out bed twice, once around 4:00p (so we would have them at bed time later) and again around 9:00p. When the sheets were finally delivered, they were shoved in my face and the boy delivering them left quickly, no hello, no smile, no eye contact. He was obviously annoyed to have to deliver sheets. When we went to bed, both king beds had sand in the sheets. I have been going to OC MD for almost 20 years, I'm not sure how you get sand in clean unused sheets. The morning of check out there were signs in the elevator advising guests of extended checkout rates. We were going to the beach before leaving for home so we thought extended checkout was a good idea. When we asked about it, we were told our room didn'ty apply for extended checkout. That makes no sense - do you want the extra $45 dollars or not? So we went back to our room at 10:45am to gather our things to be out by 11:00am. Only the keys didn't work anymore because they are programmed to expire at check out, which is fine, but it wasn't 11:00a yet. So I went back to the desk to have the key reprogrammed. The grumpy girl at the desk reprogrammed the key, but as I said, her personality has much to be desired. Which is something I don't need when I am paying $269 a night. How about a smile? How about not acting like you are doing me a favor? How about opening your mouth and speaking a lilttle louder? I don't know her name but she is the brunette with the long bob. Definatly not a friendly person. I wouldn't stay here again and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, not worth the money paid..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family