“Still waiting on answers...”

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed at the hotel on April 4th for one night. The lady at the front desk (unfortunately I didn't get her name) was rather rude on check in. I asked about upgrading the room to an Ocean Front from the "Perfect Ocean View" (which actually overlooked the Hooters and hotel next door, unless you were on the patio!) and was rudely told "No! We do NOT have anymore rooms available at this late time!" (It was only about 6p, by the way!). When we got up to the room (#309), it was freezing over near the beds and even colder near the windows. I cranked up the heat and several hours later, it was still cold near the beds but still freezing near the windows. Guess the heat only works for half the room! By the way, there is no carpet in the room, only tile, so it not fun walking around without shoes. The bathroom sink and counter were offset from each other and there was mold growing around the edges of the actual sink. I needed to use the bag from the trashcan for something and took the one from the little kitchen area. Wrong idea! The trashcan had obviously not actually been cleaned out for a while, as there was red sticky stuff and some unknown other nasty stuff stuck in the bottom and the can stunk to high heaven! Yeah, good job cleaning that! As if those thing were not bad enough, there were 2 pretty big safety issues that I saw. The electrical outlet between the one bed and the sofa was hanging out of the wall. While I don't have kids, I can just imagine a child sticking their finger or a toy in there and getting electrocuted! Now for the biggest issue I had...the screw holding the doorhandle on the sliding glass door was falling out! The doorhandle was loose and felt like it was going to fall off completely. I tried to screw it back in, but every time we touched the handle it came loose again. I could not shut the door all the way when we were both on the patio for fear that we would get locked out there! On checkout I spoke with the manager, Paul, and showed him pictures of everything. Paul agreed that there were issues with the room and that it was unexceptable. He even added that the hotel had only been open for a few days at that point. My response was "Then why are there this many issues so early?" He said he would go check it out and get with me either by email or phone within a day or so to "correct" the issues for me. It has now been over a week and I've yet to hear from him! I've called him 4 times and left messages each time but apparently he has too many other things to deal with to call me back. I will be calling him again this week as now I'm pretty mad that he just doesn't seem to care that I had a bad experience! Over all, with these issues, I wouldn't stay there and have in fact stopped a friend who was going to stay there for a week!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bluebutterflykiss
TidelandsCHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Bluebutterflykisses,

Thank you so much for leaving us feedback from your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your comments, as they help us to continually improve our property for future guests and prevent reoccurrences of any issues that have been brought to our attention. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us on April 4th, and I would like to take steps to help rectify the situation. If you could please call the property at 410-289-9455 and request to speak with me (Amanda), I would be more than happy to discuss the events of your stay with you.

In the mean time, I will continue to attempt to locate contact information for you, as I feel correcting this occurrence is highly important, as we would love for you to give us a second chance in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Went to Ocean City on business, stayed at Tidelands two nights. Clean rooms, helpful staff, no complaints. Right on ther boardwalk with ocean views, nice balcony. If we go back to OC, we will stay there again.

Room Tip: ZGo for the ocean view two king room.....
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KnoxWings
TidelandsCHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Tidelands Caribbean. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do hope to see you again in the future. Next time you come to OC, please call us at the hotel (410) 289 9455 and ask for me, and I would love to put together a second stay for you at special rates as a thank you for leaving us such a nice review.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

One of my dreams was to stay in a hotel on the beach. Didnt have any reservations, was just playing it by ear. Stopped at the Tidelands and explained that I had always wanted a room on the beach. The staff made a wish come true. Great rate, late check out. Amanda was so awesome. She knew where to send us for a great seafood meal. Suite was really nice. Would definitely recommend this hotel again. I am definitely going to visit again.

Room Tip: Room 401....my favorite!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Hello! I wanted to personally thank you for leaving us some great feedback in regard to your stay. I am so glad I was able to make your time at the beach a memorable one and I hope to work with you in the future to ensure many just as wonderful future stays at the Tidelands for you. I am also happy that you enjoyed your dinner at Captains Galley, as it is one of my favorites and has been for years here in OC.

Ask for me next time you book, as not only would I love to put together some custom rates for you but I would also like to say hi.

Best Wishes from the Beach,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I usually make a trip to Ocean City every summer. When I do, I stay at Tidelands. We've always had a good time when staying here. The rooms are always very clean (as well as the bathrooms). There is a restaurant on location. You have the option of the patio pool or the rooftop pool. For a smaller place, it is very resort style, and I love that about Tidelands!

Room Tip: The Ocean front suites have a great view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for the first time last year and really loved it. The staff was great, the location is unparalleled, and the hotel provides many deals across the town. For peak season in OC it wasn't too expensive either. I highly recommend a stay here to anyone that is looking to get a bang-for-your buck OC hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nick S
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was the second visit to the hotel, the first trip was a wonderful experience, however, the second trip was very unsatisfactory. The rooms were wrong at check-in and that had to be corrected, the maid service was non-existent, we had to go to the lobby daily to request fresh towels and soap. Not only did a maid not visit our room but the cobwebs and dirt in the corners made it apparent that they had not cleaned sufficiently for a long time.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Christine R
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at Tidelland October 11-13, 2013. We have stayed here before and are never disappointed. Location is excellent, right on boardwalk. They will be renovating over the winter, which is needed. Rooms we're clean, just in need of an update. Will be back next year. Can't beat the price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ocean side Room 501. Great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple