I stayed at the hotel on April 4th for one night. The lady at the front desk (unfortunately I didn't get her name) was rather rude on check in. I asked about upgrading the room to an Ocean Front from the "Perfect Ocean View" (which actually overlooked the Hooters and hotel next door, unless you were on the patio!) and was rudely told "No! We do NOT have anymore rooms available at this late time!" (It was only about 6p, by the way!). When we got up to the room (#309), it was freezing over near the beds and even colder near the windows. I cranked up the heat and several hours later, it was still cold near the beds but still freezing near the windows. Guess the heat only works for half the room! By the way, there is no carpet in the room, only tile, so it not fun walking around without shoes. The bathroom sink and counter were offset from each other and there was mold growing around the edges of the actual sink. I needed to use the bag from the trashcan for something and took the one from the little kitchen area. Wrong idea! The trashcan had obviously not actually been cleaned out for a while, as there was red sticky stuff and some unknown other nasty stuff stuck in the bottom and the can stunk to high heaven! Yeah, good job cleaning that! As if those thing were not bad enough, there were 2 pretty big safety issues that I saw. The electrical outlet between the one bed and the sofa was hanging out of the wall. While I don't have kids, I can just imagine a child sticking their finger or a toy in there and getting electrocuted! Now for the biggest issue I had...the screw holding the doorhandle on the sliding glass door was falling out! The doorhandle was loose and felt like it was going to fall off completely. I tried to screw it back in, but every time we touched the handle it came loose again. I could not shut the door all the way when we were both on the patio for fear that we would get locked out there! On checkout I spoke with the manager, Paul, and showed him pictures of everything. Paul agreed that there were issues with the room and that it was unexceptable. He even added that the hotel had only been open for a few days at that point. My response was "Then why are there this many issues so early?" He said he would go check it out and get with me either by email or phone within a day or so to "correct" the issues for me. It has now been over a week and I've yet to hear from him! I've called him 4 times and left messages each time but apparently he has too many other things to deal with to call me back. I will be calling him again this week as now I'm pretty mad that he just doesn't seem to care that I had a bad experience! Over all, with these issues, I wouldn't stay there and have in fact stopped a friend who was going to stay there for a week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tidelands Caribbean Inn & Suites is centrally located on 5th Street on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. Featuring 132 beautifully decorated oceanfront, oceanview, oceanblock rooms & 2-room suites. We offer deluxe, spacious accommodations with a kitchen, as well as two pools, including a rooftop pool with pool bar plus free wireless internet. As part of The Carousel Group Hotels, we offer Carousel Vacation Packages and extras with all stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Otel, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tidelands Caribbean Hotel Ocean City
- Tidelands Caribbean Ocean City