“My slice of heaven!”

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I apologize upfront - this will be long. My husband and I checked in September 22, 2013 - within 45 minutes, Carrie Ann at the front desk had to call an ambulance for my husband. He had become severely ill. We had not been on vacation in over five years - hadn't been to the beach or seen the ocean in over eleven years - our hearts sank - But - Tideland's to the rescue. First with the EMT's and Ocean City's finest; second, the best staff that LaToya and the Tideland's could ever imagine! My husband spent his week in Intensive Care - luckily being discharged to home on our last day in Ocean City. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Tideland's while my husband was in the hospital.
Now for the Tideland's itself - from LaToya, Carrie Ann, everyone in housekeeping, maintenance - they all work very hard to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible - even when presented with huge challenges. There are always smiles on their faces and they are always working hard to make sure their clients are happy. Our room #502, was immaculate. The only thing I would add would be a screen slider on the door to the balcony. Other than that, the room was perfect for us. You cannot beat the location. The amenities were great - even though the pool bar was closed as it was after "season". My bed was comfortable, towels were replenished when needed and I did not want for anything. Everyone always asked about my husband's condition and were truly concerned. We will be going back next year. My husband did feel gypped out of his vacation - there was no ocean view from ICU.....
Now the Tideland's could use some "freshening up" - by that I mean some minor paint here and there and some small ceiling repair - but other than that - don't change a thing - not even the staff. When you have something that works that well together - keep it running!!!!!
Thank you Tideland's - Marcos and I will see you next year.

Room Tip: Oceanfront efficiencies are on the boardwalk side and suites are on the Philadelphia Street side. Th...
1  Thank julienuno

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed here late in the season for Winefest on the Beach and for the price and location, we loved it. The rooms were somewhat outdated but the property was clean and well kept. We appreciated the help of Kerryanne and Amanda at the front desk. Thank you for another great stay in OCMD!

Room Tip: Boardwalk rooms have great views but can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Choochie7
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed there in July and everything was great,Rooms were very clean,we had an issue with our safe and there service was quick and they fixed it within 15 mins of us calling! The view was great and relaxing, we used the both pools they were also clean and for the one with the bar the bartenders were so nice,Everything was great at this hotel, We will def be staying there again when my family and I visit Maryland!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Eviebeingunique
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We just came home from there. The floor was extremely filthy! We had no maid service. We had a coffee maker and they supplied coffee but no coffee cups they gave you flimsy plastic cups. We had a plunger in the bathroom and the floor on both sides of the toilet was filthy. There was hair coming out of the hair dryer. The shower curtain had mold growing on the bottom of it. The floor in all corners was caked with dirt. If you don't have a small vehicle you will need a shoe horn to park; if you can find a spot. If you can't find a spot you have to park on the bayside of Coastal Highway and walk back.
And the front desk was helpless!

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay!
2  Thank 264tammyd
Reviewed September 25, 2013

WORST HOTEL EVER. We do a lot of traveling and stay in a lot of hotels. The Tidelands was dirty, smelly, mold, plaster on the walls is falling off. Hotel staff has no clue. No hot water 1 day. No blankets on the bed, they expected you to use the dirty bedspread for a blanket. They came in everyday and made the bed, but did not change the sheets. They took the dirty towels but did not replace them with clean ones. Had to call Housekeeping and wait for them to bring them to you. The lobby had couches that were disgusting. Would never have sat in them. The pool was ok but the restaurant did not have most of the food they had on there menu. Booked the hotel through Priceline and they are not being accommodating about anything. Tried to find another hotel, but everything was booked. I'll be a little more careful next time and I will NEVER use PRICELINE again.

1  Thank ricardoymichele
Reviewed September 23, 2013

No hot water the entire trip, microwave, fridge kept blowing breaker, and did not work properly, toilet ran constantly, had to turn water off. Front desk staff was not very helpful in trying to get the problems resolved.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our room was a king, ocean view. It was a very nice room. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. Housekeeping could have been a little better. The room wasn't dirty but there were just a few minor things that could have been better. My only complaint is the noise level late at night. Not all was the hotel's fault. We had very.very noisy neighbors..very loud talking, doors slamming, children running in the hallways..late at night. But the one thing the hotel should consider changing is the location of the ice machine. Several times a night we were disturbed by the very loud ice machine as other guests were getting ice (in the middle of the night). And our room wasn't even directly next to the ice machine! This hotel also has a covered parking area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends