I apologize upfront - this will be long. My husband and I checked in September 22, 2013 - within 45 minutes, Carrie Ann at the front desk had to call an ambulance for my husband. He had become severely ill. We had not been on vacation in over five years - hadn't been to the beach or seen the ocean in over eleven years - our hearts sank - But - Tideland's to the rescue. First with the EMT's and Ocean City's finest; second, the best staff that LaToya and the Tideland's could ever imagine! My husband spent his week in Intensive Care - luckily being discharged to home on our last day in Ocean City. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Tideland's while my husband was in the hospital.
Now for the Tideland's itself - from LaToya, Carrie Ann, everyone in housekeeping, maintenance - they all work very hard to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible - even when presented with huge challenges. There are always smiles on their faces and they are always working hard to make sure their clients are happy. Our room #502, was immaculate. The only thing I would add would be a screen slider on the door to the balcony. Other than that, the room was perfect for us. You cannot beat the location. The amenities were great - even though the pool bar was closed as it was after "season". My bed was comfortable, towels were replenished when needed and I did not want for anything. Everyone always asked about my husband's condition and were truly concerned. We will be going back next year. My husband did feel gypped out of his vacation - there was no ocean view from ICU.....
Now the Tideland's could use some "freshening up" - by that I mean some minor paint here and there and some small ceiling repair - but other than that - don't change a thing - not even the staff. When you have something that works that well together - keep it running!!!!!
Thank you Tideland's - Marcos and I will see you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tidelands is centrally located on 5th Street on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland featuring 133 beautifully decorated oceanfront, oceanview & oceanblock rooms & 2-room suites. We offer deluxe, spacious accommodations with a kitchen, as well as two pools, including rooftop pool with pool bar plus free wireless internet. As part of The Carousel Group Hotels, we offer Carousel Vacation Packages and extras with all stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tidelands Caribbean Hotel Ocean City
- Tidelands Caribbean Ocean City