“Great location”

Ranked #86 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
PA
“Great location”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our room was a king, ocean view. It was a very nice room. The front desk staff were nice and helpful. Housekeeping could have been a little better. The room wasn't dirty but there were just a few minor things that could have been better. My only complaint is the noise level late at night. Not all was the hotel's fault. We had very.very noisy neighbors..very loud talking, doors slamming, children running in the hallways..late at night. But the one thing the hotel should consider changing is the location of the ice machine. Several times a night we were disturbed by the very loud ice machine as other guests were getting ice (in the middle of the night). And our room wasn't even directly next to the ice machine! This hotel also has a covered parking area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dawniek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked this hotel for my daughters 13th birthday and took her and some girlfriends. We had booked a 2 king Oceanfront room. I called for late check in to make sure our reservation was good and they were aware we would be checking in late, even though I stated that when I reserved the room. When I got there they gave me a 2 queen handicapped room and said it was all they had and didn't give me a reduced rate. I had to park in a dark unlit parking lot 2 blocks away, oh and crossing the 2 bisiest streets in Ocean City with 5 teeneagers. Then our air didn't work, the sheets on the pull out sofa had not been changed and there was sand in it. The hotel responded by bringing up sheets and sitting them on the bed, I paid $200 a nt to change the sheets from the last guest. We basically lost the 1st nt we were there, so in the morning I called to see if we could have a late check out and in between me explaining what had happened a very rude man interrupted me and said no, the check out time is 11, thanks you and hung up! Never would stay here or recommend to anyone!! The only thing they had going for them, is they are on the boardwalk!!

Room Tip: There is no tip good luck and the staff won't help you!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TrishL91

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Yorktown, VA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A great time was had by all. The staff at Blue Fins was awesome and the front desk was helpful with early check in. The room had no issues except I am used to watching a bigger TV - but who watches TV anyway??? We had 20+ people and had a great time.

Room Tip: Sleep quality is average because we stayed out late and my friends woke me up too early bikes starte...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at the Tidelands from Sept 9-13...dirty isn't even the word...thank God no bed bugs but the floor was filthy, no maid service involving cleaning of the bathroom or anything...the area by the pool wasn't taken care of..full garbage, dirty cups laying all over and these little bugs flying in the room...thank God I always carry Lysol and Clorox ..dirty yuk!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lisadees
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have stayed several times at the Tidelands and have always been happy with our room. Our stay over the July 4 holiday was exceptional. Room was always cleaned and beds made early in the day, staff was always helpful and courteous. Have already booked a October weekend get away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dale F
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Our family of 5 just returned from a 3 night stay at the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel. We had a great suite with 2 king beds, a queen pullout couch, and kitchenette, which was perfect for our family. The suites are in a building slightly behind the main building on the boardwalk, so the ocean view was a bit limited, but it was a 2-minute walk to the boardwalk, and close to restaurants, amusement parks & boardwalk attractions. We parked our car, and never moved it again until we left - we walked everywhere. Could not beat the location! The room and linens/towels were very clean - we requested linens for the pullout couch, and they arrived warm & clean, right out of the dryer. We had no issues with mold or bugs. The pool was small, but very warm, and the poolside tiki bar was great! I would recommend this hotel, and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Joyce C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Tidelands Labor Day weekend. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate any needs you may have . From Amanda and Paul(managers) to Kerrianne and Jake (front desk) I was treated like royalty during my stay. The hotel is very clean and even more comfortable. It is also very accessible to the boardwalk, Ripleys, and many bars and restaurants. I will always try to book any future OC trips with the Tidelands. I am truly a "Customer for Life" !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family