“Nice place, but some problems.”

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here. We know not expect anything super nice, its a boardwalk hotel - overpriced and over-used. Our room was pleasant enough, but our toilet was giving us problems, and our phone did not work. They brought us a phone. On the third day it would not flush at all. We waited for the cleaning people to come, but they never showed up. That afternoon, we reported the toilet problems. We reported again, after dinner. At 10:00 pm that night, we had to ask the desk person to contact the night manager. She came to our room and was a little "snippy". She said that it was the "first she heard of it". Maybe, but she could have been more polite about it. She jiggled the handle and said it worked fine. It worked sporadically after that. We said that we also could not use our in-room phone because it would randomly go into speaker-phone mode and the dial tone would turn on by itself. She again was snippy and then replaced the phone. I don't know why they weren't nice about it. I was going to ask for another pillow since the pillows were a little flat, but I didn't want to bother. So nothing major, but for the money, they could at least be nice and provide the basics.

2  Thank tracyann91

Reviewed July 26, 2013

the tidelands caribbean hotel and suites was a great place to stay! convenient to everything, great pools and the staff was very accomodating and helpful with any request that we had. the beds were very comfortable and the a/c was wonderful! usually when we go on vacation my husband ends up fixing the a/c but it was perfectly cool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelli V
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The People were great! Didn't like the tight parking but that is what you get when you stay at a hotel on the boardwalk. Hotel is older but it was clean and you could not ask for nicer people! Pool was clean and enjoyable. Great Location

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryBethWalls
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The employees were super nice and helpful and the rooms were large and clean. The location was excellent but parking was a bit limited. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to enjoy the pool, but we will next time around. Overall a great stay!

2  Thank dellenk
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. Paid over $300 per night [room 53?], for starters the hallway smelled, once in the room we found mold, very dirty floor, comforter had yellow spots. Other than location, this place sucks.

6  Thank joe p
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had heard some not so wonderful reviews from friends but room was already booked so I decided I'd make up my own mind and I was VERY happy with my experience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, they made me feel as comfortable there as if I were in my own home. Rooms were nice and the location was PERFECT. I was very pleased with my stay at Tidelands and I will absolutely be using them again for my next OC getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a king room- TWO king beds and a pullout sofa. Right on the boardwalk, one minute walk to beach. Great location. The person we had taking care of our room was great. She gave us extra coffee and wash clothes when we asked. She was very kind to my son who has autism-She talked to him and treated him very nicely. Overall - we had a good experience. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family