“A perfect family vacation.”

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #85 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“A perfect family vacation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was impressed.
We visited OC for Memorial Day weekend because I am a veteran and I hav lost friends in the service. I booked this hotel because of the great location right on boardwalk. After checking prices of many other hotels this was a great value. We stayed in RM 418 with an ocean block view. This was prime location, during the day I could watch the sun come and go over the ocean, and at night I got to watch the night life come alive with beautiful lights and youth looking for a good time. The room was emacculet. When we got off the elevator on the 4th FL we could smell the fresh paint. The walls a gorgeous red tan color and what appeared to be new carpets. Paint was so fresh that my door actually stuck a little bit when I tried to open it the first time. The room was very clean and spacious, one of the biggest rooms i have had the pleasure of staying in. The beds are brand new, comfy and still had the tags on them! I especially liked the hooters next door and my wife loved the dunkin donuts just down stairs on the boardwalk. Great place great value. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Asellers63
TidelandsCHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Sellers,

Our staff was delighted when we shared your review with them. We've all put in a lot of work this part year to try to make everyone's experience the best in can be. Yes - new carpeting, new mattresses, fresh paint, and even new uniforms for our staff. Nothing gives us more pleasure than to hear that our accommodations made your stay a pleasant one. We're also glad to hear you took the time to kick back and enjoy our wonderful neighboring businesses; they're some of the best. We look forward to sharing your company again soon. When you call to book your next visit, please mention this review an ask for me directly; we'll have a special offer - tailored to you - for having noticed our efforts!

Appreciatively,
Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel may look nice on the outside and pictures online however that is far from the truth. This hotel I would not even let my child sleep under the covers. They were all different shades of white and had no type of clean smell to them. Are water pressure was low the whole stay. We were advised to let it run a little while. Which this never helped at times we completely lost water. With having three adults and one child taking baths and showers were almost impossible. This place also had mold in the corners of the room along with the walls having "stuff" falling out of them. Thankfully we were only here one night, this was the worst experience I have ever had in the ten plus years I have been traveling to ocean city. As soon as I get home I plan to contact the proper people to have this hotel checked out. If you care about cleanliness do not stay here!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Hollisterchels66

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 39th anniversary in April and we stayed two nights at the end of April during the Kite Festival which was right in front of our room. We slept with the sliding door open and the sound of the ocean soothing us all night long. The full moon and the sunrises across the ocean were spectacular. Great location on the beach and boardwalk made for a great visit! The staff was very accommodating and helpful and made our stay extremely nice. The room had a new bed which was very comfortable and the room was clean and pleasant. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Oceanfront on 3rd floor or higher is the best option depending on your preferences and number of gue...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tammy G
TidelandsCHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Tammy,

Thank you so much for the glowing review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our new beds. We are so happy that you had a wonderful time at our hotel, and look forwards to seeing you again in the future!

Best Wishes,
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Right on the boardwalk, the room was clean, staff were helpful.
The only problem we had was parking, we came back to the room late and we couldn't find a spot under the building or across the street, so we had to park at the sister hotel in another block.
Overall everything was great, and we will come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TaitaC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not bad for just an overnight stay but I wouldnt want to spend my vacation there. I was glad to see the bedding being replaced in the rooms and it was nice sleeping on a new bed. The room had a real bad musty smell when we got there and I purchased some air treshener and fixed that. Assumed the room had been vacant over most of the winter months. And the room could have been a little cleaner. All in all it wasnt that bad. Real close to everything on the boardwalk but once again it was ok for the night but I wouldnt want to spend my vacation there........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GBoggs
Timonium, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I traveled here for a guys weekend in April. I found the hotel rooms spacious, generally clean and freshly painted. Although it was offseason, I found the price to be reasonable. The hotel is very close to the boardwalk as well as numerous attractions and restaurants. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room with a wrap around balcony facing the pool (if not staying ocean front).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TidelandsCHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Shawnola,

Thank you for your kind words! We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us this past weekend, and we hope to see you again in the future. When booking your next stay, please contact the hotel directly to receive a special discounted rate.

Thanks,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Front desk staff was super friendly and the rooms are huge! It's very central to everything boardwalk! Lets be real people it's a big room for little cost it's not the ritz! Have stayed twice will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013