“Great room”

Ranked #83 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Peterborough, Canada
“Great room”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed for one night in September 2012. Hotel is clean, staff was very friendly. Rooms were quite roomy and comfortable. The location is great. We are planning to stay again, longer, next time we go to Ocean City.

3 Thank TranscriptionistPlus
TidelandsCHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that your stay was an enjoyable experience that you felt comfortable sharing with everyone. Please call 410 289 9455 when booking for next stay with us I would love to work out a vacation package for you.

Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Checked in(booked thru Book-It .com)NEVER AGAIN.without ranting,stay away.Believe it or not,AFTER SEVERAL PROMISES,NO PHONE ENTIRE STAY,NO SAFE,AND A DOOR LOCK THAT RANDOMLY HAD TO BE RE-PROGRAMMED BY STAFF!Should have suspected something,after various promises by Paul,got none of the above,but wife was ripped off by "maintenence men,while fixing lock on last day.440.00 lifted (no safe,remember,no phone to call desk,no a/c.ABSOLUTELY THE WORST HOTEL WE HAVE EVER STAYED IN!After reading reviews,calling Paul to assure an expensive balcony would be OCEAN FRONT,it was,BOOK-IT /Tides kept shifting refund on each other,although promised ,NEVER GOT.
ABSOLUTE TOTAL FILTHY,SEEDY RIP-OFF DUMP.Theft is on record.

Room Tip: bring your own towels and sheets,make sure room is what you wanted before giving credit card,lock ev...
5 Thank Bogey379

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We thought we would give this a shot; despite the reviews. The outside of this place looked pretty nice, the pictures online made it look nice. Fact is, this place is very old, outdated, and FILTHY DIRTY. I was afraid to touch anything, not to mention sleep there. Our refrigerator did not work, the safe would not lock, the entire place was just so dirty. Way overpriced for what you get. There is only ONE good thing about this property......LOCATION, that's it! I totally would not recommend staying here. I know we never will again. The bed had no mattress pad, the sheets were paper thin, and when we sat on the bed, both ends of the mattress flipped up as we sank in the middle.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms at this hotel!!!
4 Thank T D
Hanover, Pa
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our stay at the hotel itself was pretty good. Tidelands was clean, great location and was just what we wanted for our stay during bike weekend. My issues was the manager Susan who came out of the office with a attitude from hell. I had a SUV with a trailer so I could not park in their loading zone. So I parked in the alley right beside their loading zone. Susie came out while my party was upstairs loading the room and gave my the hardiest time about where I had parked. I explained to her what was going on and she kept telling me to move because I was blocking the loading zone but she failed to realize I was unloading as well. She really raised my blood pressure. Susie needs better customer serve in my opinion but I didn't let her ruin my weekend.

I had another issue with trailer parking. They told me I was not aloud to park my vehicle with trailer in any of their lots but there were many people parking their SUV with trailers in the Tidelands lots all weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank tfunky
TidelandsHotel, Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Upon reviewing the comments on listed under your reservation, the front desk informed you of where you should be parking your trailer. There are designated remote parking lots for trailers. You did not want to park in the remote lot, nor were you loading or unloading. By staying parked in the loading zone for a number of hours, you made it very difficult for other guests to check in and unload their vehicles. The Tidelands Caribbean Hotel has rules and regulations regarding parking and we hope that our guests respect such rules.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have to say we did read some of the reviews but were willing to give this hotel a chance. I can honestly say we will never be staying here again. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The best part was being on the boardwalk. Toaster did not work, only one burner worked on the stove, the skirting on the bed & the drapes had stains all over them. Area where you can hang your clothes had stains/ mold on wall.. I have to say a total general cleaning of this hotel needs to be done. Just walking into the hotel, stains on the walls.. dirty trim, all it would take is a good cleaning & painting and this hotel would be fine. Very dissapointed. Luckly we did not experience the bed bugs as I have heard now.. but honestly not a good place to stay.. do not waster your money.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Toni M
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at a suite in the Tidelands the past two years – last year over the 4th and this year over Labor Day. On both occasions the goal was a low cost trip with friends and on both occasions the Tidelands delivered. We were interested in reasonably priced accommodations with a pool and a patio off of the room located near the boardwalk. I was dismayed by the poor reviews, but decided to stay there again based on our previous experience. First of all, bed bugs are a serious accusation and I’d hope a reviewer wouldn’t use this term flippantly. I would argue any serious reports of bedbugs would be to the Department of Health and the area would be quarantined, as I’ve seen happen locally. I saw no evidence of such and frankly suspect the references are due to a few vindictive patrons. Our mattress (while certainly not the most comfortable) was in great shape and free of stains, etc.
In my opinion, the hotel is priced appropriately for its location, amenities, and level of service. The hotel certainly has its pros and cons and I’ll address a few of them below along with a few takeaways.
The hotel has the ideal location with beach views available and right on the boardwalk between Shenanigans and Hooters. The rooms are clean, spacious, and all feature a nice-sized balcony. The sliding door was in great shape with a nice sheer curtain under a black-out curtain (which came in handy as we enjoyed sleeping in). The air conditioning was controlled locally by a thermostat and fantastic. While it was hot and humid outside it was always a cool 70 degrees in our suite. Parking is provided below the hotel and in an overflow lot a few blocks back. They advertise one spot per room, but did offer us a second “overflow only” spot upon request because we booked a suite. The free ice machine is large/industrial and conveniently located on the 3rd floor. The pool bar had decent appetizers and reasonably priced (for the location) drinks.
The rooms feature a tiled floor. While this was clean upon our arrival, we carried our share of sand into the room. Maid service seems to be limited to taking out the trash, swapping towels, and making the bed. They don’t seem to clean the floor, etc. except between guests. The maid did have a bad habit of spraying some type of cologne when finished, I would have preferred she pass, but it did dissipate. While the bathroom was clean, the water pressure is lacking. That being said, we never had issues with temperature and the pressure was enough to bathe. Both pools tend to fill with children whose parents don’t seem to supervise them, but this can’t be blamed on the hotel. If I were in charge I’d send the children to the rooftop pool and leave the pool near the bar as “adults only,” but I don’t see this happening. The rooftop pool is a bit frustrating because there is no public bathroom nearby and the buildings aren’t connected.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the top floor with an ocean view - the others overlook the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank vucat
Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I chose this Hotel because it was on the Boardwalk, had a good pool, and looked ok in the photo's. This hotel was not all bad, however, it was not a great hotel by any means.
-The Good - Great location to beach and Boardwalk- You can't beat staying on the Boardwalk in my opinion unless your are looking to keep things very quiet. - The hotel had two pools, one on the roof and one on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor Pool had a nice Bar and Grill, The Blue Fin - Very friendly service. The Balcony was nice and big and gave us room for our Beach Chairs and their own patio chairs.
- The Bad - The Room did have a musty smell to it, especially when the A/C was on. The cleaning service not so great. We had to request new towels even though they took our dirty towels. I was also annoyed because the second night I had spilled drinks all over the and bed we had in our room including the sheets. The sheets were soaked yet the cleaning crew just made the bed and left the wet sheets on the bed. I guess my fault as I should have asked for new sheets but I had figured common sense would prevail. The room was old, and the fridge did Ice over but that was because the people before me had it on MAX. The bed was not all that comfortable. The room did not have enough pillows. Also, on our first night at the hotel, the fire alarm went off at 2:30 AM with no explanation as to why.
-My overall opinion is that for the money, the hotel was not the best option, however, I do think that a bunch of 20 something kids would be able to deal with this place without any issue. If your looking for a full resort experience, then staying at another hotel may be your best decision. If you're in town for a few days, don't plan on doing anything in the room other then sleeping, and don't care about the little things, then this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: The Blue Fin Bar at pool side is a nice place to go before dinner or even before going out at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple