“Old but great”

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #86 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Old but great”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel is not what the reviews on here are saying at all. Yes the hotel is a bit older but the rooms are nice and the location is great. Everyone in my party had a great time. The suite we had was very spacious and the beds were comfy. The staff was very attentive and easy to talk to. Anytime we asked for anything we got it very quickly and with a smile. It could definitely use a face lift but all in all we loved this place. We will be staying here again for bike week and I can't wait.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jmission8867

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
preston,md.
Reviewed July 11, 2011

date:10 july 2011 one hot,run down,slow, elevator with everyone including staff having to use it.The staff had an attitude as well as some guests.Numerous complainers at desk so we went to room to call down to front desk about water in our bed.They did finally move us but the evening was shot.Very small and drty pool.We frequent Ocean City will never stay there again. .

Room Tip: get ground or first floor
3 Thank ebbie7

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I just stayed at Tidelands 7/1-7/5, every day I had an issue of some sort. Whomever was in charge of cleaning my room each day was terrible, no clean towels, never cleaned the floor, left trash on the floor. My 2nd night there the A/C stopped working, when I called the front desk I got a woman with attitude and a smart mouth. Very Disappointed....

5 Thank zman648
Exton
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Should have realized that when you have a bar at the pool, there will be guys using it as a bathroom! I'm surprised that by the end of our stay that the pool water wasn't yellow, that's how bad it was. The pool and bar are open to the public, one guy passed out and slept by the pool all night. Some of the sites that were going on by the pool will probably be posted on You Tube in the near future. Definitely not meant for families. Room was nice but needs a lot of updating. Location is good, but they lead you to believe that you'll be beach front, they also have a building behind the main building that's were the pool & bar are.There were 6 of us in the 2 room suite and were only given 4 towels, no sheets or blankets for the pull out sofa. When we asked we were told that there were no towels! Called down to the desk and got the towels that we needed... Stay some place else if you have a choice!

Room Tip: Front desk was very helpful, rest not good, people banging on doors all night, very rough crowd at...
5 Thank travelsalotKofP
baltimore
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Rooms, appliances, and bathroom were all relatively clean for an old beach motel on the boardwalk. For the prices they charge, it ought be a lot nicer, but the location is nice. It wasn't loud, felt dry and cool in room, and the wifi was decent. The bed was old, but we slept well.

The tile floors in the rooms are a little icky, and they don't regularly mop them. We stayed 3 nights and they didn't clean our room once. It was weird. They gave us fresh towels, but didn't change sheets or mop floor. So we lived with the accumulated sand in the room. It wasn't a big deal but I sure hope they cleaned it for the next person.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank b1wils
Round Hill, Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Let's face it: you don't come to Ocean City to stay in the hotel all day. The Tidelands Caribbean sits on 5th street, right on the Boardwalk. There is a Dunkin' Donuts and Polock Johnny's beneath the hotel. You are within walking distance of LOTS of great shops, rides, and of course, the beach. Hooters is right next door. All the noise you would expect from this is silenced with shutting the sliding glass door, too!

As for the hotel, the rooms are a good size for 4 people. The oceanfront rooms have a small balcony, comfortable for 2 people-watchers. The beds were hard. All of the appliances were kept clean and worked properly. The bathroom was a bit on the small size, but served its purpose. The pools are both clean and in great shape! The free wi-fi was VERY slow, so don't expect to stream any movies or even go on youtube.

The only thing I didn't like about the place was the hard tile floors. I understand why the rooms are not carpeted, but as I watched my 2-year slip and slam his head on the floor coming in off of the wet balcony, I wondered why they didn't at least have a floor mat or something by the doors. Other than that, the place is in a great location and provides a nice room at a decent price!

Room Tip: Oceanfront is great for
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Thwapper
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 16, 2011

While we have never stayed at the Tidelands.....Unfortunately I had already booked a room for this June and then checked this website for reviews. When I called to cancel my reservations I was told very sacasticly that they have no control over people who have "a bone to pick with them" and if I chose to believe it then he would cancel my reservation minus the 10% service fee. I lost about 20 dollars in this deal but feel it is worth it. I picked this hotel in the beginning because we are taking my grandson along with us and I wanted him to experience being right on the boardwalk. So instead I booked again at a motel that we stayed at last year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple