“Little known/and if you like bacon...”
Review of Ocean Bites

Ocean Bites
Ranked #213 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed August 4, 2014

In looking at other reviews, I guess it may depend on taste and when you stop by here. Ocean Bites sits at 30th street, right on the edge of the parking lot for the popular Jolly Roger Amusement park. It is also opened 24 hours. We stopped in for lunch on our first visit and my grandsons pepperoni pizza was hot, loaded with pepperoni and the slices were very big. I had a BLT and my husband had chicken wings and salad and all was very good. Other patrons ate outside on a covered porch which housed large picnic tables.
Food is cooked fresh while you wait and the staff were very friendly. Dessert is a choice of a variety of hand dipped Turkey Hill ice cream or hand scooped Italian ices, the later was also top notch.
The next morning we tried their breakfast before going out to the beach. It was very good and they had quite a few patrons there for the am meal. I had a toasted bagel with egg and bacon,my hubby had a toasted bagel with cheese and bacon and egg, and our grandson had scrambled egg, bacon and toast. There was plenty of fresh brewed coffee. The prices were reasonable to expected seacoast prices.
We would return there to eat anytime especially for breakfast. OC is like any other resort, tons of places to eat, tons of people with different opinions. For us, it was a perfect breakfast that kept us filled way into early afternoon.
Hint, if you are a bacon lover, then anything that comes with it comes really loaded with generous portions. My BLT was filled with its crispiness, the bagel for breakfast was filled with it and the bacon on the other breakfast choices were also filled with substantial portions.
It is a puzzle to me why Ocean Bites doesn't play up their breakfast more. Bacon is so in now, especially when overdoing it at the beach!!
Enjoy

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Really wish I went to Mc donalds. Their breakfast sandwich was nasty. My fish was dry and hard my sister shrimp was dry and hard. The batter on the fish and shrimp is old. Never again.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We got a burger and gyro and both were fantastic. Fast and friendly service. We had takeout but there were a lot of room to sit on the picnic tables outside.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

There are 1,000 other places to eat in ocean city, make this your absolute last. The pizza was warm at best and actually broke in pieces, my son's elementary school cafeteria is like a five star restaurant compare to this place.

1  Thank Juanmartinez1
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you enjoy the three things mentioned then this is the place for you. We ordered a two large pizza and 20 wings special one night and one of the pizza's was undercooked and needed a re-bake in our condo's oven. The wings actually weren't too bad, decent size and flavor.
One night we stopped in for ice cream with three children in tow (ages 6,7,and 9) and as we were ordering, and eating, there was actually vulgar music playing on their sound system! Complete with sexual references and swearing. Now grant it, if this was 11pm or later ...fine ...do what ya wan,t as children of this age shouldn't be out that late anyway. This was at 9:30pm in a tourist town!! (where people tend to roam around later at night) And believe me, I'm no prude to the bad language, but I would think an ice cream shop is a family business. And then one of the employees managed to walk upwind of us and "light up" right next to the front porch of the place where we sat. Thanks bud, that's what I like with my ice cream....a little smoke flavor! Let's just say that after 30 years of visiting O.C., I am sorry that I found this place! Won't be going back! Papa John's just up the street would have had better pizza and ice cream shops are a dime a dozen in town.