“Buffet is the way to go in O.C.”
Review of The Bonfire

The Bonfire
Ranked #65 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Ocean City, MD's finest Seafood & Prime Rib Buffet
Reviewed October 10, 2006

This is the only buffet I went to while in O.C. Buffets seem to be the way to goif you want certain types of seafood. Raw bar with clams and oysters (we easily ate our moneys worth with these two alone), plus snow crab legs, shrimp, mussels, mahi mahi, salmon. Plus prime rib, pork tenderloin and other various carved meats. Crab bisque was excellent as were the desserts. Other items included a whole section of fried foods (shrimp, fries, onion rings etc.) salad bar, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and much much more, truly something for everyone. With menu prices in regular restaurants ~20$, seems like the buffet is the way to go. No crab cakes on buffet though. Service was excellent, they cleared dirty plates very promptly. We would eat here again!

2  Thank jackdog24

Reviewed July 11, 2006

I've read the reviews on this seafood buffet and thought - wow, this one must be great. It's not bad, but it's certainly just mediocre with the rest of the seafood buffets we've been to in OC - to include the Embers and Phillips. Again, it's not bad, but don't think it is great - it is a seafood buffet and nothing special. The crab legs were good and my husband ate the raw stuff - so I feel we got our money's worth. I just don't like veggies and desserts being placed in a conatiner and placed out without any artistic appeal - in other words, school cafeteria presentation! Also, check your beverage price before ordering - a Bud beer was $4.20! Now that is price gouging! Again, it was ok, but don't expect something special as I did because of these reviews.

2  Thank cdeaven
A TripAdvisor Member
Millsboro, DE & Arlington, VA
Reviewed March 29, 2006

I've probably been 10 times and every time is a treat. I just got back and once again, yum Yum YUM. Where else can you find oysters and clams on the half shell, crab legs, shrimp, scallops, mussels, prime rib, roast beef, pork tenderloin on a buffet?!?!?

Summer will bring a 30-45 minute wait, but off-season you walk right in.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2006

The Bonfire is a favorite in my family. My husband and I stuff ourselves full of crab legs every time!! There are a lot of other menu items as well on the buffet. My kids enjoy getting their own food. They have a very nice atmosphere and the staff has always been efficient. We've been many, many times and have never had a bad experience. Although, the chef used to make the best muffins, and they don't seem to have them anymore :(. We do miss those.

8  Thank Luv2GoPlaces08
A TripAdvisor Member
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed July 23, 2004

I've eaten the dinner buffet here twice over the past two years. Both times I found it to be quite a nice spread, including snow-crab legs and good soups as well as meats like roast-beef and ham. Both times the waitress was ruthlessly efficient at refilling my iced-tea and removing empty plates. I did have to wait for a table both times (in peak OC season) for about 30 minutes, but it was worth the wait. If you're looking for a good dinner buffet, I would recommend this one.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member