“Good food Great view”

Fager's Island Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fagers's Island Restaurant and Bar is an award-winning bay front Restaurant featuring fresh seafood and our famous Prime Rib. Enjoy beautiful sunsets
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I called ahead for a reservation but still have to wait,the place was packed. Good food, but the views are great!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Fager's Restaurant and nightclub is a must for anyone visiting OC. They have expanded their parking areas and provide transportation from the farther lots. Very thoughtful and I'm sure very good for business.
The sunset over the bay is spectacular from their grounds ... not to mention the newly rebuilt gazebo on the water!

1  Thank Holly K
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice place to visit once while visiting Ocean City. I loved the view outside with great wings and cold beer. We had couple of drinks at bar before we go to Seacrets and loved every moment here. I would like to visit again when I come to Ocean City and will not think twice.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Having been a regular at this restaurant and it's surrounding properties for years...something has changed. After waiting for the normal sunset watching crowd to leave, I finally was able to score a seat at the outside bar around 830pm to have a bottle of wine and some dinner. Nice evening, so instead of eating indoors, I opted to eat outside. Everything was going well... Bartender services was nice fellow, very pleasant. Wine was ordered and opened, served properly, dinner ordered and served in an efficient manner. Food was prepared well, everything nice..just as I had come to expect after nearly 30 years of patronage... Around 9:00pm things went really south... About no less than 20 maybe 25 "security" personnel entered the bar area in bright lime green shirts. They began to move bar stools and were quite pushy about it. Abruptly demanding patrons get up and give up their stools to be hauled out. Essentially turning the entire bar area into a standing room only venue. Mumbling something about fire regulation etc..l as I had just put my fork down and still was chewing the last bite I was summoned to get up.. I complained that I hadn't finished eating, and the bartender directed the "security" detail to leave me alone and that he would call them when I was done and had had a moment to digest my food... No less than 6 different " security" bullies accosted me over the next 15 minutes. I had had enough and asked to speak to the manger. I was pointed in the direction of a "security manager" who engaged me quite roughly and was very condescending .. He continued to complain to me that I was disrespecting him..? When I mentioned that I had just put my fork down and hadn't even begun to digest my food, he stated " I can't help if you have a medical issue" so I replied, " who is disrespecting who" ... I was not ready to let it go..I asked to speak with the general manager about the situation and was told to wait here.. I waited for 30 minutes when a food and beverage/ restaurant manger showed up.. He was a fine fellow, I explained what had happened and he said that the bartender should have alerted security management about leaving me alone to finish my dinner... I felt this was a passing the buck excuse. If this is policy, frankly a patron should be told prior to ordering a 100.00 meal that you will be standing at 900pm regardless of wether you are done eating. All and all a bad situation.. The security team is quite over zealous and the manger showed little tact in making logical decisions. I certainly understand that the bouncer business is a tough job. But their behavior at 9pm was over the top.. Had it been a druken brawl at 230am it appears that they are well suited to handle a serious situation.. Clearly this wasn't anything like it, so one size does not fit all.. I also noted that with such a heavy security presence, and the fact the patrons are now going through a metal detector to enter the bar area after 9pm... It worries me about the type of clientele that is now attending one of my go to spots in OC (as stated has been for nearly 30 years..) I left dissatisfied and made my way back to my room at the lighthouse (pretty upset) that any real progress was made and that this was the new Fagers way... . I can't see myself returning to the compound again.. A shame as the Edge and Lighthouse are two of the nicer places in a very commercial town.. But frankly something has changed...

4  Thank EastCoastDinerWV
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Several different areas, to sit & dine. The BEST prime rib, I've had, in Ocean City. They don't advertise it, but they have EARLY BIRD MENU, just ask for it, between 4-5 p.m. GREAT view.