“TRY IT YU'LL LIKE IT”

Fager's Island Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 416 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fagers's Island Restaurant and Bar is an award-winning bay front Restaurant featuring fresh seafood and our famous Prime Rib. Enjoy beautiful sunsets
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“TRY IT YU'LL LIKE IT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

You must try Fagers Island! The food is good, the entertainment is god and the view is great!
Listen for the music at Sunset and you'll be back every night!

• Visited August 2013

Maryland
“Fablulous sunsets, fun, fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

There are several options to the diner when eating at Fager's Island. The formal restaurant takes reservations, the bar is open seating and the outdoor deck is "find your own table". We prefer the casual, open air deck dining. Tables are usually available unless you walk in 5-10 minutes before sunset.
The waitstaff is helpful, quick and friendly.
One of my favorite meals is an appetizer of steamed shrimp, followed by their house salad. The shrimp are HUGE, spiced well and very satisfying. They usually give you a larger portion than you ordered! The house salad is a large salad with crubled blue cheese...delic. The desserts are wonderful, the lemon lust cake is a must. They have excellent crabcakes (sandwich or dinner); in fact I've never had a bad meal there. For appetizers I also recommend the hummus with pita (best I've ever had), the chicken tenders, buffalo tenders, crab dip....you get the idea.
The sunset is part of the fun. When the sun is out there are people taking pix of the sun, bay and gazebo. Even when there is no sunset, Fager's still has a tried and true routine. 10 minutes prior they begin to play the 1812 overture, the climax is at sunset. Everyone claps, confetti is thrown from above....it's a fun time! Next "God Bless America" is played, sung by Louis Armstrong.
The gazebo has been rebuilt since the hurricane, it's a nice place to take a stroll.
Outdoors is a Fager's gift shop, selling t shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc.
I've been going to Fager's Island for many years and will continue.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 60811Traveler626
Annapolis, Maryland
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Fagers is a restaurant/bar complex that has a Fine Dining restaurant, a bar/restaurant area, and an outside bar and patios. This was our second visit. We had good service from the bar staff, who were friendly and attentive.

We had a couple of unique mis-steps that made for a poor experience. Fagers is upscale (for a beach town), and the pricing to match. This lends itself to a mature crowd (30's/40's/50's), with most of the 21yr old crowd hanging at Seacrets just down the street.

First we were unable to get the full menu at the bar. That's ok I guess, just a bit weird. I would gladly have paid for what I wanted. Mgmnt's choice, I'm not dinging them for that, but just something to recall.

One of the folks we were chatting with at the bar went outside for a smoke. She was harassed by the bouncer's about paying a cover to get back in? Ridiculous.

As the band was setting up the play, while we were sitting at the bar chatting, a bouncer grabbed the back of my barstool and as I turned in my seat he was aggressively in my face. Taken aback, I asked what he wanted and he mumbled - "I'm taking your barstool". Took me a second for me to say "What?" "Why?". Finally the bartender told us that they remove the barstools when the band plays. Huh? Does the crowd typically throw the barstools? It wasn't that crowded - did they need the room? I've since spoken to a number of bartenders I know and not one of them has ever seen this done - although one said they heard about it happening in bars where the kiddies are doing "rave" stuff. Sheesh.

Based on the aggressive bouncers and the nonsense barstool incident, we called it a night. I can't imagine we'll come again. Restaurant / clubs that portend to be upscale need to implement policies and practices better suited to their demographic.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank tchristian
Maryland
“Fagers off season is great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Decided to do long weekend in Bethany and went to Fagers for dinner and to hear Kevin Pull play guitar and sing. He was very good, food was great and there was a surprisingly large crowd there for late Sept. Sunset was beautiful as always.

• Visited September 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Luv this place....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I visited this establishment on September 1st, it was very good. Right on the water, live music during brunch an added touch. I'l definitely return, the drinks were amazing.....

• Visited September 2013