“Great place in OC”

Ranked #14 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. FRESH * HONEST * LOCAL
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went here based on the yelp/tripadvisor reviews after a disappointing seafood meal in OC at Phillips Crab House. We were not disappointed! The restaurant was very nice to sit in. There was a 20 minute wait, but not horrible on Thursday night at 7pm in July, but was worth waiting.

Our son has celiac and they were very in tune to gluten free - he got a cheeseburger w/o bun and watermelon. Nothing real special, but he enjoyed it. My other kids got mac & cheese and pizza - again, nothing special (mac & cheese looked like Kraft), but decent enough for kids meals.

We really went for the adult meals, and they did not disappoint! The bread they brought out before the meal was also delicious. I started off with the corn and jalapeno bisque was really flavorful & I enjoyed it a lot. I was expecting a bit spicier, but I really liked it in any case. I got the scallops for my meal, which were really good and the cheese grits were fantastic. My wife got a ceasar salad which she likes & the crab cakes - much better than the crab cake we had at Phillips the night before. Overall price was not cheap but comparable to other seafood places.

We would definitely go back here next time in OC & highly recommend it.

2  Thank ebs0303
There are newer reviews for Hooked

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

They use a lot of fresh local ingredients and dishes were beautifully prepared! Prices and portions are very reasonable compared to other restaurants in the area. We wanted to come back here again and again.

1  Thank Luv2travel7890
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The drinks were good, the bread and the crab bisque were excellent, and 2 out of 3 appetizers were very good. Only 1 out of 3 entrees were good however. After all those good starters, we were expecting a really good dinner. Ahi Tuna was way too salty, the tuna lettuce wraps looked like fish sticks, not seared tuna as was explained to us so they actually went back, but the fish and chips were good. Prices were really fair here too. Maybe stick with drinks and apps for your meal if you go!

1  Thank JulieandDan
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I started off with the calamari which was fantastic. For my entree I had the scallops with corn and grits. This is my favorite meal here. The service was excellent as well. This is by far my favorite place to eat in ocean city. Rumor has it they might open a place across the bridge. I sure hope so.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Sat outside at the bar, beautiful evening. The bartender was great. Very friendly and the food was beyond my expectations.
I loved the Hot Crab Dip with kettle chips. It was superb! Also had the boom boom shrimp taco, was hesitate about the pickled onion, but was blown away by the combination.
The jerk wings (appetizer) were huge! Everything was perfect. Beautiful inside as well.
Def will return!

Been to Hooked? Share your experiences!