“Yep, we're Hooked!”

Ranked #14 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. FRESH * HONEST * LOCAL
Reviewed April 24, 2014

It's our last night in Ocean City, we looked through the options and ratings in TA and we drive out to 80th to check out Hooked. Closed! We drove down to the beach entry and called to see if they opened at 5pm, Better, 4:30, only 10 minutes to wait. The door was opened for us and the hostess seated us at a window table. We passed quite an impressive bar on the way to our table! The menu was varied, as it's Thursday they had $2 fish and shrimp tacos or a hamburger for $5 as the special. We were both to hungry for that. The menu was quite impressive. The prices for entrees in the $20s area. Vern chose the Cioppino with a garlic toast, I ordered the Skirt Steak over potato salad with asparagus. For $5 we added the garlicky spinach side, which was a smash for both of us. As the meals were being creatively prepared we got some focaccia bread with garlic and basil on olive oil. It was very light, moist and gone quickly. Our server Brooke was very quick to refill Vern's coffee and was very efficient and friendly throughout our meal. Excellent meal.

2  Thank ruthandvern

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had dinner here Friday night. It was very good. I had scallops on cheesy grits and we had crab dip for an appetizer. My husband ordered the tuna and it was served over quinoa, which he doesn't care for. I told him he should have asked for a different accompaniment. He doesn't like to ask for special things. I am sure they would have done it. They are extremely accommodating. We had a piece of chocolate chip cookie dough cheese cake for dessert. It was served with a chocolate chip cookie on top.......Decadent!!!!! The waitress even brought me an extra cookie when I told her how much I enjoyed it. That's the kind of thing that keeps people coming back. The staff was incredible. They had lots of food runners, so our food was delivered piping hot...That's a major plus!!!!

1  Thank ocsam
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed in Ocean City 4/14-4/18 with friends. Went to Hooked twice, both times for seasonal weekday dinner specials. Visited on Tuesday night for 50% off all ladies' food bill. Enjoyed an appetizer of grilled asparagus. Shrimp with polenta was the entree. Companions all raved about their food. Three of us ordered the chocolate genache sprinkled with sea salt and coffee ice cream for dessert. Absolutely decadent! We returned Thursday for the weekly $2 fish or shrimp soft tacos and $5 hamburgers. To our surprise, this is also the night when the restaurant features $5 margaritas or sangria. Both types of tacos were very tasty, dressed with pickled red onions, salsa, shredded cabbage and sauce. Can't speak about the hamburgers as we all ordered tacos. Dessert on this night was the cherries jubilee, which doesn't come flaming. It consists of a cornbread base with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and bing cherries. There is also a Monday special of half price selected wines which we missed.
Service on both occasions was efficient and friendly. As you can expect, the place was packed both evenings. We arrived early (5:30-6:00) both evenings. Walked directly to a table Tuesday and had just a 5 min. wait Thursday. However, by the time we finished, approximately 90 min. later, the wait was 40 min. both evenings. These specials are only in effect for a short time. Upon questioning, our waitress, Olivia, informed us that the specials will disappear as the summer season approaches. If you will be in Ocean City within the next three weeks, be sure to patronize Hooked. They do not accept reservations, so if you arrive later in the evening, be prepared to wait for a table.

3  Thank Judy S
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Five of us arrived without a reservation on a chilly Thursday night in late March. We waited in the smallish bar area/hostess station (no more than five or six seats at a very narrow bar). The downstairs room was full with varied customers, young and older. The atmosphere was fairly sedate and looked like a good bet for those who appreciate a quiet dining night out.
We were offered an upstairs table and quickly accepted the offer. Ascending the narrow stairs one could hear loud voices and music.
The upstairs bar and dining area had the look and feel of a college bar and in fact there seemed to be several such groups including one table of six shrieking twenty somethings. The music that night however was more mellow 70's folk rock.
The food was excellent and made the noisy room acceptable. Service was fast and accommodating. Thursday night is Taco night and the fish tacos were very good and a bargain@ $3.00 per taco. The oysters were perfect, the clams real good. Everyone enjoyed their food.
Highly recommended but I bet this place is crowded during the high season given how full it was on a chilly off season night.

1  Thank appetitetogo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had dinner at this restaurant in OC the other night. Many things about the experience were good, however this being a town that prides itself on fresh seafood, I was disappointed with my tuna dinner. I asked for the fish to be medium rare and usually around here that's not a mystery. It came out medium to well---not even a little rare in the middle. I guess I should have asked for just seared or perhaps the waiter should have told me that medium rare was going to be that way. Otherwise, the taste was good and the sauce on the brussell sprouts was delicious. Everyone else's meal was very good. Two folks got the scallops and raved about them. One got the flat iron steak which she also loved. Lesson learned. I'll give them another try, but not with tuna. Place was busy and service was adequate to good. Prices about the same as the Shark (my favorite restaurant in town).

2  Thank Maggiemay602

Been to Hooked? Share your experiences!