“Just keeps getting better!”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #12 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. FRESH * HONEST * LOCAL
Ocean City, Maryland
“Just keeps getting better!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have made numerous visits to Hooked since their opening last Spring. On each occassion, I am continually impressed that they maintain their high standards. Excellent service combined with top notch food is the obvious key to their success. Try anything on the menu... you won't be disappointed! Specials just about every night of the week. Don't miss the off season opportunities to try their signature entrees and beverages at very affordable prices. All I can say about HOOKED is they are GREAT!

Federalsburg, Maryland
“Hooked on Hooked!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed three nights in Ocean City for the Watermen's Expo and we ate here two of those nights! Our first dining experience was just the two of us on a Thursday night. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with local photos that are just stunning. We were seated promptly and our waitress (Kara?) was awesome, very bubbly and informative when we had questions about the menu.

Food! We had the buttermilk fried oyster appetizer. They were very good. They aren't served with cocktail sauce, though, but a spicy mayo. I thought the sauce was good, but my boyfriend is a purist when it comes to oyster condiments and prefers good old fashioned cocktail sauce with his. It was taco night and, since he wasn't especially hungry, he got the fish taco, made with tilapia, and was happy with it. I got the lobster mac n cheese and it was delicious! It's served piping hot in its own little skillet. And I mean hot! But very good. Not real thick and cheesy like it can be, but with a creamy base and peas mixed in. There is a browned cauliflower topping and it's served with the best side of Brussels sprouts you've ever had. The Brussels sprouts are halved and pan seared with honey and red pepper; sweet and spicy! The drinks are good, too. He had the smoked mezcal and I had the lemonade one.

The second night we ate at Hooked was with another couple and it was on a much busier Saturday night. We had a bit of a wait, but it wasn't long. This time we were seated upstairs. It is considerably louder there because of the bar and TVs, more of a sports bar atmosphere. We preferred the quieter first floor, but it was packed and we couldn't be choosy if we wanted to eat. That night I had the tuna entree and it was done perfectly. This time, the Brussels sprouts were done with sage, also very good. The other guy with us got the lobster mac n cheese and was as happy with it as I was. My boyfriend and his wife both had the skirt steak special. OMG! If you aren't in the mood for seafood, get this! First off, it's a LOT of food. Second, it was just fantastic! Skier streak is one of those dishes often overcooked and tough. This was not the case. Very tender and pink. We all opted to try desserts this time. They split the french toast bread pudding with cinnamon ice cream and we shared key lime pie. Both desserts were delicious and all of us were too stuffed to finish them.

Washougal, Washington
“Delicious food, great service, and a Friday Special”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went with my dad for a special dinner, knowing it was pricey but had read awesome reviews. How surprised I was to find that on Friday, there was a special for $25 for 3 courses. And very generous portions as well. Clam appetizer in yummy broth, lobster mac and cheese I would order over and over again, and a great selection of desserts. My dad's meal was just as nice. A nice bottle of wine at a reasonable 30-something price and it was a meal we will remember for a long time. Will definitely return, but probably not in high season.

Berlin MD
“Should have been 5 stars but....”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had lunch here. I would have like to given the restaurant 5 stars but honestly for the price of the food and portions we received I struggled with 4 stars. Items ordered were wedge salad, fresh tuna special, shrimp tacos, fish & chips. The only one who did not walk away hungry was the person who ordered the "fried" fish and chips (and we are not big eaters). The $12 tuna dish was absolutely delicious but a very small portion served with a couple of halved brussel sprouts on the side. Same goes with the shrimp tacos - 2 taco's no sides. Honestly for a $12 lunch item I would expect something more. The restaurant itself was very nice and the service was friendly.

Annapolis, Maryland
“One of the best meals I have had in Ocean City”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Pretty new restaurant. I was really very sad to see that La Hacienda was not in this location any longer. However, they have truly won me over. Great food, very creative and fresh. We had the Swordfish as well as the grits and went back two days later to do it all again. So good......

Visited September 2013