“Should have been 5 stars but....”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #28 of 451 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. FRESH * HONEST * LOCAL
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had lunch here. I would have like to given the restaurant 5 stars but honestly for the price of the food and portions we received I struggled with 4 stars. Items ordered were wedge salad, fresh tuna special, shrimp tacos, fish & chips. The only one who did not walk away hungry was the person who ordered the "fried" fish and chips (and we are not big eaters). The $12 tuna dish was absolutely delicious but a very small portion served with a couple of halved brussel sprouts on the side. Same goes with the shrimp tacos - 2 taco's no sides. Honestly for a $12 lunch item I would expect something more. The restaurant itself was very nice and the service was friendly.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Pretty new restaurant. I was really very sad to see that La Hacienda was not in this location any longer. However, they have truly won me over. Great food, very creative and fresh. We had the Swordfish as well as the grits and went back two days later to do it all again. So good......

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The bartender was wonderful! We really enjoyed talking with Keenan (hopefully spelled correctly). So, we just went for drinks and apps. I had wine. Hubby had draft beer. I had the steamed clams with an amazing sauce and get this.... brussel sprouts.... who would have thought. They were the best clams I ever had! Hubby had raw oysters which he loved as well. Keenan shared his special brew of marinated jalepeno"s. Holly crap! They were great. Please go. Company, Service, Great Drinks, Ambiance, Good Food. What is left? If we did not already have reservations, we would have eaten there. This rating should be higher!!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We recently ate here on a cold Sunday night, and things were as fresh and well prepared as if it was fully in season. Nice wine list, good martinis - a good way to start the evening. The fresh bread they provide is really delicious. The fried calamari was cooked perfectly, and pre drizzled with a nice sauce. We had cioppino and paella for dinner, both were great, and ended with a good key lime pie. The restaurant really filled up by the time we left around 7. No reservations so go early!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have been hearing about this restaurant for several months now and never got a chance to stop in this summer. We finally got a chance to try this place and it was as good as everyone said it was. We decided to sit on the 2nd level in the bar area because we wanted to try a few of the bar menu items that we read about online. We started with the wedge and caesar salads which were good. Then we had the lobster and chorizo melted cheese dip. It was served with tortilla chips but I tried a piece of the bread that was brought to the table dipped in it and it was even better. The bread made it taste like a decadent fondue. We then had the burger with if I remember correctly was a gruyere cheese on it and some other delicious things with a side of the garlic and bacon french fries with gruyere and scallions. I rarely eat a burger and fries and this was excellent! No need at all for the side of ketchup brought with it. The bartender Guy was also excellent. Very friendly, helpful and attentive with our table because unfortunately our waitress was not. She just seemed unhappy with her job or was having a bad day. She never asked us how everything was after the food runners brought our dishes, never asked if we'd like another cocktail and we had to flag her down to get the check. The one negative in our experience at Hooked. We will be back but won't sit in her station again.

1  Thank marylandusacpl