“We found our place to go to in OC.”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #12 of 426 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. FRESH * HONEST * LOCAL
United States
“We found our place to go to in OC.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

An excellent atmosphere and great service. You have to try the calamari. Nice and light and has a kick to it. I had the tuna and my wife had the mahi. Both were excellent. We will be going back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best lunch in the area”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Highly recommend mahi sandwich (memorable pesto fries), fish and chips, and fish tacos. Lunch is good value.

olney
“Great Restaurant in OC!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've now been to all three of the owner's restaurants - Hooked, Just Hooked and Off the Hook and I highly recommend all three! Hooked in O.C. is the largest at 250 seats. My sister-in-law and I sat at the upstairs bar and had a very friendly and helpful bartender serve us. The owner, Steve, came out of his office and greeted us and asked us how everything was. The calamari was the best we had ever had and also the corn & crab bisque was wonderful. Our drinks were great too! It's hard to find good, quality, fresh food at the beach but these three places fit the bill!

Fenwick Island, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hooked on Hooked”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The owners have three restaurants in the Ocean City,MD, Fenwick Island, DE, and Bethany Beach,DE area. Hooked, Just Hooked, and Off the Hook respectively. I have visited all three and they are all outstanding. The owners are personable and go out of their way to ensure patrons satisfaction. Most recent visit (today) was to the OC location. Several days ago I took my wife, son, his wife, and four grandchildren (all under 6) to lunch at the OC location. I mention this to emphasize that the restaurant is family friendly and can easily accommodate a wide range of appetites. Everyone in our party on that occasion loved every portion of food that was presented. I will call particular attention to my absolute favorite, their version of the shrimp taco. In my last two visits to Hooked I have been forced to order a second order of their shrimp tacos; not because the first order was skimpy in content; quite the opposite. One order could satisfy the appetite of any healthy food loving adult. However, after consuming one order, my craving for a second full order was in full swing and had to be satisfied. The taste combination of the perfectly matched ingredients were absolutely beyond belief. The lightly breaded shrimp, fresh cabbage, homemade salsa (more of a pica style) and a special sauce with just enough peppery flavor to make the mouth water, just thinking about it. And the tortilla used was fresh, warm, moist and tasty. They tasted freshly cooked. My wife chose the hamburger, not usually an exciting selection. Wrong again.This particular hamburger was listed as a truffle hamburger; meaning in this case, a cooked to order portion of high quality meat and topped with a truffle and Gruyere sauce that again was simply perfection. Even as I was finishing my four large tacos, I had to sample a portion of the truffle gruyere sauce used on my wife's hamburger. The pesto fries served with the burger were also delicious. The service was impeccable, speedy but not rushed. The entire dining experience met and exceeded all expectations. If this establishment continues to uphold the standards I have discovered thus far; it will continue to highly successful as more people come to appreciate the superior food and service. I have visited as a couple and as family.

1 Thank KenofFenwick
Potomac, Maryland
“Standout in OC”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Standout restaurant in OC! One of if not the best in OC. This is in the old Hacienda restaurant location and has been tastefully remodeled. Has outdoor seating as well as a bar indoors and outdoors.

Food is outstanding and as one can imagine, specializes in seafood and of particular note, locally grown ingredients for some dishes, including the desserts.

Hard to describe, but, the "freshness" of the ingredients comes through in the taste. Outstanding and what restaurants in DC, NY, SanFran and other cities would charge a hefty premium for.

Not a cheap place, but worth the money.

If you're accustomed to higher caliber food from big metropolitan areas and have been disappointed in OC, this place is the exception to OC resort fare.

One caution I would share is with outdoor seating, depending on the wind direction, you can suffer from flies and gnats (if wind is blowing Eastward). When that is happening choose indoor seating.

1 Thank GL726