“A Fantastic 'Samitch'!”

Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen
Ranked #29 of 418 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rosenfeld's is a kosher-style, Jewish delicatessen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as over-sized desserts. Wait-staff service, take out service, and ordered-in-advance party platters are all available, as are sliced meats, cheeses, salads, smoke fish, and breads by the pound for carry-out to your home or hotel.
St. Michaels, Maryland
“A Fantastic 'Samitch'!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have eaten lots of corned beef in my lifetime, from NYC to Baltimore and beyond. Some of it has been pretty good and some of it has been pretty bad but at this deli it was simply fantastic. The sandwich was a ‘two-hander’ piled high from a freshly cut hunk of still warm and juicy corned beef. It came with a great pickle that wasn’t overpowering in flavor and we got a side of non-greasy onion rings there were sweet, crunchy and, yes, not greasy at all. She who must be obeyed had a smoked turkey that was so big she couldn’t finish it. The wait staff was exactly what should be at a deli, knowledgeable, bright and positive women who know exacting how to serve patrons well. If you are going to Ocean City Maryland you can’t go wrong going here for a bite or more!

3 Thank lovestoeat2010

Boynton Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best deli food since forever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been disappointed in most delicatessens (even New York's "famous" deli's) for many years. Who would have thought we'd find what we remembered how it SHOULD be in Ocean City, MD? Delicious, delicious, delicious! Rye bread...A+, corned beef...A+, etc.......wish we'd had room for more but after the (really) home made bread pudding, we couldn't eat another bite. It was Memorial Day weekend so the restaurant was crowded, but the wait staff was efficient and good natured. Aside from GREAT food, there are so many clever touches in the decorative aspects of the restaurant ("Let my people go" on the bathroom door for example), you can't help but leave smiling as well as sated on REAL delicatessen food.

1 Thank Diane S
Bel Air, Maryland
“Get a Life Critics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I just ate the best Reuben in my life. My wife and I just pounded down the Paul’s Traditional for lunch. She actually had to split hers with other family members as a fight broke out when they saw our sandwiches. I’m much bigger than she is so I was able to fend off the little savages (our kids). In any case, back to the food – I don’t know what these folks do to prepare the meat but if you are looking for the definition of melt in your mouth look no further. Eating Rosenfeld’s food was like having a religious experience, so much so that after I ate the Reuben, I told my wife I was ready to convert. While we were waiting for our order, I also had to pry her away from the desert cooler– but not before she ordered the bread pudding. I’m not a big fan of bread pudding but theirs was another homerun. Firm, not soggy and made with an abundance of cinnamon – very tasty. Their pickles are also excellent – I highly recommend the food.

Now, for some of you critics on this forum, first and foremost – this place is a deli and its in Ocean City. If you looking for pianos and wait staff dressed in tuxedos your in the wrong place. In fact – please stop going there so those of us that really enjoy good food can get served quicker. If you’re going to OC this summer and you don’t try this place – your missing out!

2 Thank FioreWine
Rye, New York
“The best Jewish food - better than NYC or Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I just had the best Reuben I ever ate. The onion rings are to die for, along with the Turtle cheesecake. I regret that I had only one stomach - wanted to keep trying other menu items. My wife's brisket and turkey sandwich was phenomenal!! You can't go wrong here. The wait staff was some of the nicest and most helpful we ever encountered. If you don't leave this place happy you don't know good Jewish food - better than Brooklyn.
Tony & Jeryl, Rye, NY

2 Thank Anthony P
Harbeson, Delaware
“Not what we expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went here for lunch before attending Springfest in OC. Our friends had been there a few weeks after they had opened last year and recommended that we go with them. My matzoh ball soup was barely lukewarm as was my husband's mushroom barley soup. The matzoh balls were definitely not fluffy like, like another reviewer had reviewed. I could have used a knife to cut thru it. I had ordered the potato knish and so did the other couple, it came cold!!!! When we told them they took it back and gave us another one each, but it had to have been microwaved, it was soft, soggy, gooey and flavorless, definitely not like what I'm used to back in Manhattan, NYC!!!! All of us complained about the rye bread. For the pastrami sandwich eaters it fell apart. For me I had eaten only 1 slice and spread my chopped liver on it and ate the rest of the chopped liver with my fork without the bread. I had such high hopes from all last years reviews and our friends recommendation, but we definitely were disappointed for $37/couple and would probably not go back!!!! Their outdoor seating leaves much to be desired. Unfortunately they have chosen over sized chairs and tables for a very small space, so even their servers have a hard time serving tables.

3 Thank joc55
Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
I regret that your experience with us was not what you expected. As you can tell from the other reviews, word of mouth, and your friends' previous experience, your level of satisfaction with our food and atmosphere was atypical. I remember your party; I was the one who took back the knishes. We do not microwave them; they are steamed and then put on the flat top grill. That said, we apologize that the knishes were not to your liking. They are the same Gabella Coney Island square knishes used by the delis in NYC. As far as the seating/tables are concerned, I have never had your complaint voiced by anyone else. The tables are regulation sized, and quite honestly, if they were smaller we would hear complaints that the tables were too small. The tables inside (only 6 of them) are small, and we hear this complaint occasionally about them. Regarding the bread, we are in the process of changing our bread to a moister, firmer rye. We've been using the current bread since we opened a year ago. Our baker had delivered the first 4 loaves to us a few days ago for testing, and they held the sandwich together in a much better fashion. Unfortunately, your bread was the current bread, as the new bread will not be delivered to us regularly until later this month. That said, we've received comments equally good and bad about the bread. Like much Jewish deli, it seems to be a personal choice, and its difficult to please everyone. All of this aside, I very much hope that as time passes you will give us another try. Again, your experience was not a typical one, and for whatever reason, we were not at our best as regards your specific meal. I deeply apologize, regret your experience, and hope that we'll see you again. If not, it honestly was a pleasure serving you, and I again regret that your meal was not more to your liking. Know however that we are very much trying our best to please everyone that walks through our doors. Thank you for giving us a try. Your business was very much appreciated.