“The best Jewish food - better than NYC or Florida”

Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen
Ranked #35 of 447 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Rosenfeld's is a kosher-style, Jewish delicatessen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as over-sized desserts. Wait-staff service, take out service, and ordered-in-advance party platters are all available, as are sliced meats, cheeses, salads, smoke fish, and breads by the pound for carry-out to your home or hotel.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I just had the best Reuben I ever ate. The onion rings are to die for, along with the Turtle cheesecake. I regret that I had only one stomach - wanted to keep trying other menu items. My wife's brisket and turkey sandwich was phenomenal!! You can't go wrong here. The wait staff was some of the nicest and most helpful we ever encountered. If you don't leave this place happy you don't know good Jewish food - better than Brooklyn.
Tony & Jeryl, Rye, NY

2  Thank Anthony P

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went here for lunch before attending Springfest in OC. Our friends had been there a few weeks after they had opened last year and recommended that we go with them. My matzoh ball soup was barely lukewarm as was my husband's mushroom barley soup. The matzoh balls were definitely not fluffy like, like another reviewer had reviewed. I could have used a knife to cut thru it. I had ordered the potato knish and so did the other couple, it came cold!!!! When we told them they took it back and gave us another one each, but it had to have been microwaved, it was soft, soggy, gooey and flavorless, definitely not like what I'm used to back in Manhattan, NYC!!!! All of us complained about the rye bread. For the pastrami sandwich eaters it fell apart. For me I had eaten only 1 slice and spread my chopped liver on it and ate the rest of the chopped liver with my fork without the bread. I had such high hopes from all last years reviews and our friends recommendation, but we definitely were disappointed for $37/couple and would probably not go back!!!! Their outdoor seating leaves much to be desired. Unfortunately they have chosen over sized chairs and tables for a very small space, so even their servers have a hard time serving tables.

3  Thank joc55
Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

I regret that your experience with us was not what you expected. As you can tell from the other reviews, word of mouth, and your friends' previous experience, your level of satisfaction with our food and atmosphere was atypical. I remember your party; I was the one who took back the knishes. We do not microwave them; they are steamed and then put on the flat top grill. That said, we apologize that the knishes were not to your liking. They are the same Gabella Coney Island square knishes used by the delis in NYC. As far as the seating/tables are concerned, I have never had your complaint voiced by anyone else. The tables are regulation sized, and quite honestly, if they were smaller we would hear complaints that the tables were too small. The tables inside (only 6 of them) are small, and we hear this complaint occasionally about them. Regarding the bread, we are in the process of changing our bread to a moister, firmer rye. We've been using the current bread since we opened a year ago. Our baker had delivered the first 4 loaves to us a few days ago for testing, and they held the sandwich together in a much better fashion. Unfortunately, your bread was the current bread, as the new bread will not be delivered to us regularly until later this month. That said, we've received comments equally good and bad about the bread. Like much Jewish deli, it seems to be a personal choice, and its difficult to please everyone. All of this aside, I very much hope that as time passes you will give us another try. Again, your experience was not a typical one, and for whatever reason, we were not at our best as regards your specific meal. I deeply apologize, regret your experience, and hope that we'll see you again. If not, it honestly was a pleasure serving you, and I again regret that your meal was not more to your liking. Know however that we are very much trying our best to please everyone that walks through our doors. Thank you for giving us a try. Your business was very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

All homemade!! Best Ruebin sandwich ever! Enjoyed talking with owners, they made us feel welcome. If we ever visit area again, we'd definitely go back and try more of their menu.. especially one of their desserts! they looked Fabulous.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had been wanting to come here for many months since this opened and I was not disappointed - the sandwiches are overstuffed! We got carryout, there are a few tables, it has a very compact feel

The codfish cakes are great, I got a corned beef/pastrami/liverwurst club, it was enough for 2 lunches, I could only eat half. So I guess I can't complain about the prices if I got 2 meals for price of one sandwich...

It's worth a stop - plan to stay filled up for most of the day!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I wanted a corned beef sandwich. Saw the ad on WMDT 47 for this deli. Well, the sandwich was huge. The most tender corned beef ever. I would order the 8 oz size. Everything we ate was really good. It was well worth the trip. The staff was very friendly and great to talk too. Loved it very much!