“Food was great and friendly Service with a new chef”

Ky West Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #72 of 431 Restaurants in Ocean City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
North Beach, Maryland
“Food was great and friendly Service with a new chef”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I love the atmosphere beautifully decorated. We stopped and sat at the bar, the bartender Jen was excellent and helpful. Very good drinks and food. I had the special blackened catfish with rice that was outstanding. I could have eaten it all but it was so filling I had to get a doggie bag.
My husband had the chicken wings and thought they were great. We were told they have a new chef that explains everything to the staff. I was impressed with my fish dinner. Since we have traveled to Costa Rica and had great fish dishes, this came close to the outstanding fish I had there. We will return with friends.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank loulou215

Ocean City, Maryland
“not good”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

since they have switched chefs the food is not good. i'm disappointed about this since it was one of the only good restaurants in ocean city. what a shame. what a waste of a great new restaurant and a great view.

• Visited May 2014
mark W, Manager at Ky West Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We apologize for your bad experience, We would like to invite you back to try us again. I assure you amazing changes have been made! Please give us another shot so we can turn this bad experience around!!!!
Baltimore
“Amazing happy hour”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

First visit to Ky West on a football Sunday. Enjoyed 25 cent wings and $2 drafts. Can't rave enough about the place. Amazing wings- Chesapeake Style (Old Bay) and Thai, perfectly cooked and delicious. Served with carrot sticks, celery and real blue cheese, the plate was very pretty. Most places when there's a special on beer you're limited to one or two choices, here you could get a Blue Moon, Stella, Angry Orchard, etc.
The place inside is beautiful with a really cool water feature in the bar. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant too.
Unfortunately this time of year they're only open on weekends.
Can't wait to go back. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Cockeysville, Maryland
“Ky West - An Ocean City Maryland Gem!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We live in the area and get to try many of the local restaurants. We are selective when we go out and look for restaurants that rise above the OC norm. We found that in Ky West! First impressions are always telling ... and the bar and dining areas are stunning! This is a place where you will definitely want to linger over your meal with friends. Very sleek, modern and up-scale! We dined in the bar area which has more of a casual feel ... fireplace, tastefully placed TV monitors (if you just don't want to miss the game!), There is also a comfy couch seating area near the fireplace!! Enough about the ambiance ... what about the food? My salmon was PERFECTLY prepared and the accompanying Thai chili sauce was delicious! The dinner comes with 2 veggies ... so you don't have to get French fries (although theirs are hand-cut and seasoned). I ordered a side salad and sweet potato casserole (a yummy comfort food side dish!) Our friends were also thrilled with the steak and the pan-seared scallops! The meal was also accompanied by a seasonal offering of pumpkin corn bread which was sooo good! Before we left we toured the dining area side which has a beautiful illuminated tropical fish tank mounted on the wall! so sorry that I don't have pictures for you! We also met the executive chef Jay James, formerly of Ruth's Chris! I heartily endorse Ky West ... great food, great ambiance at a reasonable price!

• Visited September 2013
“An absolute must! What a dining experience should be. Not a tourist trap!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Before sampling the usual over rated, high priced, low quality, long wait tourist traps, you MUST stop into Ky West and set the bar for your dining experience in Ocean City. New to the area, the atmosphere is upscale casual, the staff treat you like friends you haven't seen in a while, and Executive Chef Jay is master. The six of us had dinner last night and we're still talking about it. We had the ribeye with the Demi glacé, crab stuffed rockfish, portobello vegetable plate, the ribs and Alfredo with mussels, crab chowder and soup. I don't even know what to recommend except that you go there. Prices are inline and portions large. Thank you Ky! Great job! Good luck in Ocean City!

• Visited August 2013