“Not a good buy”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 128th street
Transit: Convenient to Ocean City municipal bus stops
Description: Ocean City Md"s premier Maryland style Crab house and Seafood Restaurant. We go to the docks 7 days a week to purchase the very freshest Chesapeake Bay seafood from the man (or woman) that caught it. Bring the family and and enjoy the finest Maryland has to offer...The Higgins Family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I started eating at this restaurant many years ago. My visit this week was very sad. We use to get several pieces of chicken and a cup of md crab soup. French fries cold slaw and corn on the cob. Then some small but decient crabs. Now you get hush puppies, one very small piece of chicken, french fries and cole slaw. the corn tasted like it was burned as did the crabs. It was obvious the water was burned they were cooking with and it ruined the food. The biggest rip off is 8 out of 10 crabs were paper shells. Not worth opening. They were very small and full of burned water with no meat. I will never eat at this place again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went for the AYCE crabs on Wednesday evening. The restaurant was not crowded but the service was non existent. Our waitress was missing in action several times during our meal thus it was difficult to get refills on dinks and crabs. The crabs were small, light and most paper shell thus it did not take long to go through the 4-5 she brought at a time. While we had no clue where our waitress was our table had a view of the back where several employess were just standing around talking. We finally tracked someone down to get our check and left out of frustration.

1  Thank Allegany
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I can agree I was a little scared of the prices but my wife had the AYCE crab and she enjoyed it. My son had the catfish and it was cooked perfect. I had the clams and loved them. I really liked that the corn was fresh and local. The waitress was attentive and catered to our every need. Only complaint would be the small selection of beers and small bathrooms. Overall great for the family, we sat outside and it was refreshing.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Higgins, north. We had excellent crab dip and one dozen medium crabs. I have no complaints. Crabs were obviously Maryland crabs were excellent. I realize we aren't at the peak of crab season. The size of the crabs and the value of the crabs were great. We also enjoyed seeing the white kitty cat, he adds to the beachy atmosphere. Two thumbs up!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife & I went to dinner @ Higgins Crab House in North O.C. to celebrate our 30 year wedding anniversary. It was recommended by the hotel we were staying at. This restaurant had an "All-U-Can-Eat" crabs & shrimp. It also included hush puppies & corn on the cob. It was awesome. The food was fantastic & our waitress "Ariel" was the Best! Apparently it was her first day working @ Higgins. She told us that she had been & was a server at another restaurant in O.C., and it was obvious that she had done this before. She made our first night in O.C. one to remember. We will definitely be back to see Ariel again @ Higgins Crab House!

1  Thank Kevin A