“Best sandwiches on the Shore”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Devito's Italian Deli & Sub
Ranked #166 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great sandwiches, imaginative fillings that go beyond old cuts, crispy homemade bread, reasonable prices. Gets busy so call in your order.

1  Thank eroica38

Reviewed October 27, 2011

In my opinion DeVito's has the best bread I have ever eaten. Baked daily, it doesn't matter what you put on it you will definitely be satisfied. I suggest the "Special," "The Sammie," or the "Godfather."

1  Thank SidewaysDeuce
Reviewed July 25, 2011

First: this is a carry-out sub and pizza shop, not a restaurant. So it is in no way a "5 star restaurant" but it IS a 5 star sub shop. I am second generation Italian, speak the language passably and have eaten in at least a dozen Italian homes throughout Italy. The food at Devito's is absolutely authentic. They do put more meat on their cold cut subs than you get with a "panino" in Italy, but I think most Americans - including myself - prefer that. They bake their own bread, and it is AWESOME. I just ate again at Devito's for the first time in a few years, and I had to get the meatball sub after reading the one terrible review. It was great. Meatballs in American homes might have more meat and be bigger, but Devito's are definitely homemade and excellent. And the meatballs are cut in half to keep them in the sandwich while you eat, not to "cheat" you out of meat.
Devito's is a family-run business for at least 30 years. I ate there regularly when I worked in Ocean City 30 years ago, and the owner Michael remembered my name when I returned. The atmosphere is great and the food is awesome. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Rotcoddam
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Devitos offers top quality meats and homemade meatballs piled on fresh baked bread. This is gourmet eating between bread. And every sandwich can be warmed or customized to your liking. The food is so good, I only wish there was more of it. Not that the portions are small, it just tastes so good!

Reviewed August 18, 2009

They make their own bread every day and it is the best. I recomend the special! So good!!!!

3  Thank LehmanJess