“Very nice dinner for a special occasion”
Review of Jules Restaurant

Jules Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jules Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 477 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 120th Street and Coastal Highway
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We did a family dinner here (5 adults) for a 60th birthday celebration.
It was during Restaurant Week and they were offering a fixed price menu of 3 courses for $30. If you arrived before 6 pm, it even included a glass of house wine.

We all had different things and everything got great remarks.

I had the pork belly as my first course. The waitress had said that it was "melt in your mouth" and it truly did. I cut it with a fork. It had a peach bbq sauce and the flavor was delicious. Equally as good was the corn pone that accompanied it. It was a bit like corn bread but really moist.
My husband had the fried oysters and I tasted those as well. Another great choice.

For my second course I had the caesar salad. It was fine. Some of the lettuce was brown which was a bit disappointing but overall it was a good salad with homemade croutons. He had the ice blue wedge and said the blue cheese was excellent.

For my main course, I ordered the filet. It was probably no bigger than 5 ounces but it was plenty after having eaten the first two courses. It came with mashed potatoes and vegetables. My husband had the cioppino over pasta and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Heads up ----the cioppino was spicy. It was full of nice pieces of seafood though.

We had some nice sour dough rolls to start and soft butter (my husband hates hard butter).

We were full so we didn't have dessert. Didn't even look at their dessert menu.

The fixed price was a great deal. It would be a bit pricey for me if it had not been restaurant week but it would still be a nice quiet place for a celebration dinner.

Date of visit: October 2012
2  Thank carolesau

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Each year we visit Ocean City we have diner at Jules. It is fine dining from the apptizer to dessert. The atmosphere is relaxing, meal is presented beautifully and the service is excellent. it is more than the chain resturant but everything is made to order. Deffinately worht it!!!

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank barbell
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and toddler ate at Jules on back to back nights in August - both were wonderful experiences. The food is outstanding, and uses some very creative and fresh ingredients. The coconut and almond fried shrimp appetizer is outstanding - came piping hot, deliciously crispy, and the risotto is a great complement. Had the crab cakes one night and a porterhouse special the other - both outstanding, though crab is clearly what to get in Ocean City. The remoulade had a great kick to it, too. For the toddler, the chef was even kind enough to whip up some grilled cheese using the slider rolls they use for another dish - needless to say, it was a hit for our son. Also can't say enough about the staff - extremely friendly, and the place just has a great atmosphere. Certainly upscale, but upbeat and fun. We shall return many times.

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went for the $30 - 3 course meal that they serve before 6 PM. It did not disappoint. The courses were all very good and we enjoyed our meals.
The atmosphere is excellent, very quaint and clean. It's a very nice place.
Our server was a disappointment. She was too busy with her friends at the bar to take care of us. When she did serve us, she seemed to be annoyed that she had to.
I can see us going back because the food was good but we'll want a different server.

Date of visit: September 2012
1  Thank GoaliePat
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went with friends and had an excellent experience. Had soft shells and they where very good. Our server was friendly and very accommodating. Would certainly visit this restaurant again.

Been to Jules Restaurant? Share your experiences!