“The best little seafood place in OC...”

The Original Crabcake Factory
Ranked #14 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Crabcake Factory USA is not to be missed when dining in Ocean City, expecially with seafood in mind. I just had the Guiness-battered rockfish (killer) with a all-lump crabcake kicker, and Ive never felt so stuffed! The food tasted great, and the service was outstanding. They are ALWAYS adding onto the menu, and the daily specials can't be beat. If you are not in the mood for seafood (or had it for lunch there like I did) you have to try the ribs. You just may never eat a better rack in your life...The only drawback is that the meat is sooo tender, it just never stays on the bone (if you can call that a drawback!!) If you enjoy food like this (don't we all?) you may want to check out the nearby Cowboyz Smokehouse, I believe they have the same owners and menu, in a country-style atmosphere. Enjoy, and Happy dining!!

1  Thank Globetrotts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed January 19, 2009

Having recently moved to the OC, MD area - I was always caught by the number of people waiting for a seat at the Crabcake Factory and thought to myself, 'that place must be really good !'. Now - after having been there three times, I can't help but think to myself 'What do people see in this place ?'.
For my first time - we got about $100 of carry out food - brought it back to the house and 2 of the 4 meals were wrong. Message here: open the food containers BEFORE leaving the restaurant !
Second time when asking for a substitution I was told "Sure, no problem - but we have to charge you for it" (and I was not asking to substitute crab for french fries). "Okay then - do you deduct what I am not having ?" "No". Message here: don't ask for substitutions. On my 3rd visit - carryout again - I waited many minutes while the bartender took care of patrons at the bar - while my $50 in food got cold. When I asked why they got served before me - the response was basically "too bad". Message here: for better crabcakes at a better value - to to 'House of Welsh'; for better carryout go to 'Beachy's'; for a better 'time out' with your friends - go to Mr Bill's !

4  Thank Chip_Pacer
OCJ, Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2009

Crabcake Factory has been around since 1996 and is a small family run operation.
In response to this rare bad review I can only say we strive to give outstanding customer service and there must be a reason for the lines to get in. When reading comments I always check a reviewers profile to see if he or she fairly judges the establishiment they are reviewing. i look at the other reviews and if I see one which is completely inconsistent with the other reviews I must question it. Crabcake Factory has a manger on duty every day year round to handle any complaints or issues. You cannot please everyone but we've been pleasing huge numbers of people consistently for 14 years now. Feel free to contact management with any issues.

Reviewed November 7, 2008

When you see a place with the word "Factory" in the name, it tends to bring up thoughts of an assembly line kitchen cranking out mediocre food for unsuspecting tourists. Because of that reason my Husband and I didn't try Crabcake Factory for almost 3 years despite the fact that our condo is only 1 block away.

Man. I was SO WRONG about my original assumptions that I eat my words. The atmosphere is laid back and very casual. Paper plates and plastic cups are the name of the game here. But it doesn't matter because the Crabcakes are to freaking die for! I don't care what I'm eatting delicious food off of!

We only tried the crab cakes, so no reviews on any of the other food. Prices were higher than I'd like, but worth it for the quality of the product. Definately, definately going back!

3  Thank ilovelucyNJ
Reviewed October 25, 2008

After reading all the reviews in the trip adviser, I decided to try this place myself. The jumbo lump crabcakes were outstanding. We also tried the clambellies appetizer, next time we will order the larger portion and not order fries as our side because you get plenty with the clambellies. The only disappointment was the Orange Crush drink, just OK.
Try the Crabcake Factory you won't be disappointed, even if you have a wait to be seated.

3  Thank rboyda
Reviewed October 10, 2008

My wife and I have had the pleasure of dining at crabcake factory USA in OC (120th & coastal highway) for the last 6 years now. Have not tasted a better crabcake on the eastern shore. Their crab nachos are just wonderful as well- plentiful amount of lump crabmeat. The ambiance in the bar is wonderful- not a better place to watch any sports event - 10+ flat screen TV's in the bar as well as a huge screen in the restuarant. The waitresses and bartenders make sure you have a good time as well. Also don't forget about Cowboyz (also in OC)- same owner, same great food (and crabcakes). Oh- and yes- we did use his crabcake shipping service a few years ago- my mom in Minnesota also loved them.
Ken and Joyce (Essex, MD).

3  Thank KenNJoyce