“Great Crabcakes”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We've been here twice. Both times the crab cakes were some of the best we've ever had, and prices are decent. Other items ordered were also good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Our group of 6 (three adults, three kids) were about to go elsewhere but were running late and needed a place still serving at 9:30pm. Crabcake Factory is open until 10pm and had good reviews so BOOM, we hit it.

The place had a nice vibe, great music and the waitress was very friendly.

She recommended the FIST, which is 5 lump crab cakes, a giant plate of fries and a 1/2 lb of cole slaw for $65 bucks. Basically, at $13/crab cake, you get the fries and cole slaw free.

We bit on the deal (three adults).

The crab cakes were very good. All lump crab meat and nicely sized. Personally, I thought they were slightly heavy on the Old Bay seasoning but that's a personal preference.

I don't eat cole slaw but the women told me it was fantastic and they ate it all.

There were enough fries to feed the Duggars (19 kids included).

We stayed well past their closing time and no one rushed us to leave. Very accommodating to kids. A nice meal in a pleasant atmosphere with great music and friendly staff = VERY GOOD.

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We went couples only and got to sit outside.
My husband and I got the double crabcake dinner with baked potato and salad and split it. $28.
Was delicious. Lump crab, tarter sauce was generic, salad was iceberg with tomato and red onion.
We had a large group, 8, & server split check four ways. No separate checks. Fine with us.

1  Thank Tara Z
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Came here on a recommendation from a friend. It was delicious! I would not recommend getting larger meals. Just stick with the crabcakes. They are like large meatballs except made of fresh lump crabmeat. My son and hubby got stuffed shrimp. Stuffing was good...shrimp overcooked. Crabcake dinner with one large crabcake was very filling and only cost about $16. Shrimp dish was about $25. Long wait but was worth it.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

Last year, I got take out from this place because we were staying at the hotel right next to this place and wanted a late night snack. This year, we decided to eat at the place. We basically ordered everything to share for 4 adults and 5 kids. Crab nachos were fantastic. The had lots of crab meat. The crab cakes were amazing. The 5 kids shared 2 crab cakes and the 4 adults shared 2 crab cakes. That seemed to fill all of us up. I ordered 2 pizzas with crab. One thing I didn't like was that the waitress made it sound like the pizzas were very small. Based on her description, we were going to order one for each kid but luckily I only ordered 2 since we had so much other food. We ended up bagging up 1 1/2 of the pizzas since the kids were too full.

Overall, this place doesn't skimp on the crab meat at all. Each order came with plenty of crab meat. We reheated the pizzas the next night and they were still very good.