“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Original Crabcake Factory

The Original Crabcake Factory
Ranked #12 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Wilmington, Delaware
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We tried this new spot outside Fenwick Island. The waitress was great by the other staff was disorganized. We had shared apps and drinks. The apps were cold. They replaced the first one but totally forgot the second. Once the watires realized she dropped it from the bill. We didn't pay but we didn't get it either. Not such a good showing for a new place.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank frimer

New York City, New York
“Bloody Mary for days!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't eat too much on the menu die to celiac disease, but I wasn't here for the food so it's okay. I'm also used to eateries not being able to cater to this annoying allergy! Anyway! I was here for the Bloody Mary and was not disappointed. Go for the triple threat. It's good and plenty and this is coming from a Mary connoisseur! Stop in. The place was packed way before noon for a reason.

1 Thank smccl222
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome, all lump crab cakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Cannot believe I forgot to review my awesome experience here last summer! We ate at the location in north OC (around 120th street I think). We came at about 9pm during peak season and were seated after about 30min. I had the cesar salad for my app and crab cakes for my main course. Both were possibly the best I have ever had! No filler at all in the cakes. We have eaten them all over OC, so I can confidently say that these are some of the best! We will be back next time were in the area!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ultrasassy
Ocean City, Maryland
“Awesome Bloody, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was prompted to write this review based on a few recent visits to the new Rt. 54 location--which contrary to a couple of negative reviewer's opinions, I think is just great. I didn't notice any unusual noise levels, but then again I don't worry about that type of thing when I'm at the bar. The view is great and I think the atmosphere is nice and bright. The crabcake sliders were very tasty, the blackened skewered shrimp were good, as were the fish tacos. I did think the tacos were a bit heavy on the breading a light on the fish, but they were still tasty. The crab lump benedict has always been awesome (now I'm referring back to the 120th street OC location) and I've always said that one of these days I would try the seafood benedict--but never seem to have deep enough pockets. Anyway, definitely DO NOT miss trying the crab bloody mary. Its an awesome bloody mary to begin with, but then they pile up skewers of lump crab on top. It is INSANE how good it is. Honestly, it could serve as a breakfast all on its own--it has that much crab! The shrimp bloody is also very good. I've had the bacon one and didn't like it quite as much, but you really cant go wrong with any of them. To sum up, I'm glad the new location on 54 opened up, and I'll be making it a regular stop.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank brian k
Smithsburg, Maryland
“it was OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

the food was good. I thought the crab cakes were delicious but a bit on the small side. We noticed a deal for 2 entrees with dessert for $22.00 in the local paper and so we asked for this deal but we were told it would only be honored at the other location which was closed and about 80 streets away. A bit disappointed on this visit.

Visited April 2014
OCJ, Public Relations Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello and Thanks for Visiting Crabcake Factory USA. Thanks for giving us 4 out of 5 Stars and stating they were delicious. I would like to address your statement about the $22 Special which is a Sunday Only Special at the South Location for the past three years. I also thank you for the the Very Good rating despite the "it was Ok" title.

You say you noticed a deal in the local paper yet you forgot to mention that the ad you are quoting describes the Sunday $22 Deal at Our South Location Only. It is an ad for the 25th Street location only. Yes it is true the Sunday Deal at the South Location is not honored on days which are not Sunday at our other locations. This is specifically why it is ONLY in an ad for the South Location and BOLDLY states that this special is A) Sunday Only and B) 25th Street Only.....Sorry for any confusion on the day and location of the Special. We have three locations and they each have different specials on different days just as Happy Hour is not available after Happy Hour and the Breakfast Menu is not served for Dinner.

These kind of Specials are common on Off Nights in the Restaurant Business to promote business at a new location.

We hope to see you again and can explain further if needed.