“I am a local and I love the Crabcake Factory. Consistently Good.”

The Original Crabcake Factory
Ranked #11 of 426 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
MARYLAND
“I am a local and I love the Crabcake Factory. Consistently Good.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had so much fun last night. Bartenders (bald guy-sorry I forget his name!) was so sweet to us. Crab nachos, Crab pico de gallo, fries and martinis...and the kids meal were all consistent and outstanding. No better crab food than here; and I call myself an Eastern Shore Girls. Thanks for a great time!!!

• Visited April 2014

“So very noisy! ”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We read grumpy's review of the new location in Selbyville, DE. We were pleased with management's response to Grumpy's review so we gave them the benefit of the doubt and decided to try the new location. We were pleased with the prompt seating and waitress, Marissa G. She was friendly and very accommodating. However, the noise level was just ridiculous. We were unable to carry on a conversation without shouting. The food came promptly. The crab cakes were good, but a bit under seasoned ( bland). The macaroni and cheese was nothing special. We were so happy to leave and get a normal sound level.

2 Thank Andrea A
OCJ, Public Relations Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Well Andrea A. Thanks for stopping by the Crabcake Factory Bayside and making us your first and only review. We would hope that in the future, now that you have signed up we could hear about some other places you may like in the area so others would have the chance to see your opinions on how they perform. You mentioned that you read Grumpys review, so I assume your were aware that we have some ambient noise issues. I am not sure how this took you by surprise but I can tell you as I mentioned in Grumpy's review, we are currently still working on these issues. We know about it and we hate it too but Its only been a week since his review was posted and we quite simply have not finished the soundproofing. We have added carpet but no acoustic measures. I assure you as I assured Grumpy in my response to his post about the noise, directly before yours was posted, we will fix the issue you and he mentioned.

I am happy you enjoyed your Crabcake and I am Happy that you were pleased with our, service, seating and response to Mr. Grumpy. We sincerely hope to see you again sometime here, or at either of our other two (quieter) locations in Ocean City, MD. We also Deliver and Offer Carry Out if we cant get you back inside. :-)

THANKS AGAIN!
Millville, Delaware
“A Second Location - Don't Bother”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This restaurant opened a second location, on Rte 54 in Selbyville. We had the crab cake dinners. Both of us were disappointed. The crab cakes, while full of large lumps of crab meat, were basically tasteless. We expected more from them. There wasn't even any taste to the coleslaw, and the dinner salad consisted of two small tomato quarters, two slices of mushroom, and a bowl of lettuce. As far as atmosphere, if you are looking for a loud, noisy spot, this is it. We could not hear each other over the din from the bar.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank WyattsGrumpy
OCJ, Public Relations Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Ouch! Well sir I can see how you got your nickname on Tripadvisor. WyattGrumpy is your name and you don't seem to be a very happy customer now do you? All kidding aside I first want to sincerely Thank You for taking the time to dine at our 3rd Location (You said 2nd just clarifying). We know there are a lot of fine choices in the area and we appreciate your patronage and review here. We have two locations in Ocean City, our original since 1996 and the Boardwalk location at 25th Street. This location just Opened on St Patrick's Day Weekend. This is no excuse just a fact however it does have some new issues to address. We have had some problems with ambient sound and we actually have just carpeted the entire dining room (Yesterday!) so I think the noise from the old tile and very high ceilings will be addressed. We will also plan to add sound dampening tiles in Spring to further reduce the ambient noise. We are definitely aware of this so if that was the only issue with the atmosphere I feel you will be pleasantly surprised and perhaps next time even take in the spectacular view just feet from your table or enjoy a sunset on one of our decks on the bay. I know sometimes when everything isn't exactly right and exactly how you want it, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and honestly the food even seems bland. I'm hoping this is what happened as we have had the exact same recipes and the exact same chef that has been cranking out our millions of crabcakes here on the Eastern Shore for the last 18 years. The coleslaw recipe comes straight from Aunt Sally and small salads are certainly not the norm with us. I apologize and I truly wish you would have notified a Manager, Owner or anyone on staff of the issues while you were here and we would have bent over backwards to make your stay a better one. I do realize that sometimes its easier to come to Tripadvisor and air your concerns in a public venue which is your right. I would only hope others would look at the body of work as opposed to one persons opinion. I respectfully hope to see you again Mr. Wyatt Grumpy from Millville, DE and please do not hesitate to ask for me. I assure you all your needs and concerns will be met at the time of service.
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Choice”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Ate at the Route 54 location on the Bay in Delaware. Beer battered shrimp and lobster flatbread for appetizer. Portions were huge. Shrimp and fries were hot and tasty. I really enjoyed the flatbread. A bit of crab and tomato and cheese. My guest preferred the shrimp so I ate most of the flatbread. Little under the weather so I had no choice but to pack up my entire entree. The crabcakes. That will be tomorrow's meal. My guest raved about hers and even the cole slaw. Great value. Great service. Real team approach to it. And I like the relaxed sports bar type atmosphere. I try more and more to get away from Coastal Highway for every meal and I am glad I made the extra trip.

• Visited March 2014
Xalapa, Mexico
“Great Crabcakes and Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This restaurant has a wonderful locals' vibe, thanks to the cozy and rustic look. The food doesn't disappoint. Obviously the Crabcakes are top notch, but other menu items are worthy tries, such as the Fish Tacos and the Hamburgers. Wash those down with a house specialty Bloody Mary, and you will leave with a smile.

• Visited March 2014