“We always have a good experience.”

The Original Crabcake Factory
Ranked #11 of 431 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“We always have a good experience.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited 25th st location this time around. Food, drinks, and service were all good. We enjoyed the happy hour specials from 2-5 pm. The only thing I would suggest is some kind of flyer that tells you specifically what the specials are. There seemed to be some confusion with the employees that worked at both locations.

• Visited September 2013

Johnstown
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The place is clean, service was very good and the crab cakes delicious. The restaurant is a little on the small side but the wait for a table wasn't too long. They do have seating on a small covered porch but since it was windy and raining we had to sit inside. I would definitely have lunch there anytime I'm in Ocean City. I felt it was good food at a decent price.

• Visited July 2013
Virginia
“Not lump crab meat”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The crab cakes where not lump meat. The taste and quality of the meat was poor. My wife had the haddock which was over cooked. We've eating here before and it was better but will not go back again.

• Visited October 2013
OCJ, Public Relations Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Well first of all let me say thanks so much for taking the time to not only visit us once but twice. It appears this last trip you were not happy and I wish there was more to the review or that you had contacted anyone in management with your issues. We love Tripadvisor because it allows immediate feedback directly from the customer, which is the most important thing in our business. Your headline reads, not lump crab meat, which is something I would have loved to speak to you about in person. We have been in business for almost 18 years and have three locations. This is the very first time I've ever had anyone say its not lump crab meat. We sell thousands of crabcakes a week and had we been notified of your displeasure we would have immediately replaced your crab cake or showed you exact lumps we use to make them. We have an item on the menu called Lumps De Gallo with is nothing more than the crab we use for crabcakes with a fresh salsa drizzle. I would had gladly given you fives ounces of all lump if that was what you prefer. You go on to mention an overcooked haddock. Again this is not the norm but our beer battered haddock only takes about 4-5 minutes to remake. I am not sure why you did not report this at the time as it is October and I am sure we could have satisfied your problem without much trouble. I am truly sorry for your issues and would have loved to have corrected them. There is one thing for sure however, its all lump and its jumbo every day at Crabcake Factory USA. Please message me if I can help in any way or if I can get you to try us again on me!
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Crabcakes”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The crabcakes here are excellent ;.though the portions are on the small side. For dinner, it is very noisy and seating is very tight ( packed in like sardines) I had forgotten there was a reason I prefer to eat lunch here ( less noise, fewer people) Come here for the food, which is really good and fairly priced, not the atmosphere. I have been told the drinks are also good.

• Visited September 2013
Finksburg, Maryland
“Amazing Food and Service (Out of this World) !!!!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had dinner October 5th, 2013. Our appetizer was the 32oz. Maryland Crab Dip, which could be eaten as a meal itself. We had the Crab Cake Dinner which consisted of 2-5oz Jumbo Lump Crab cakes served with Thrasher’s French Fries and coleslaw – “OUT OF THIS WORLD”. I can honestly say, The Crabcake Factory has “BETTER” crab cakes than Phillips Seafood and I was always partial to Phillips NO LONGER. Wouldn’t hesitate recommending to family and friends, you will be hooked line and sinker as well.

• Visited October 2013