“Great customer service, real crabcakes.”

The Original Crabcake Factory
Ranked #14 of 437 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
“Great customer service, real crabcakes.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

As soos as you walk in, they are welcoming even though they're busy.Not just the hostess and servers but even the busboys are friendly. Crabcakes sandwich isnt cheap but when you get it you see why. . .no filler, lump crabmeat with plenty of backfin.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank silverdog34

“Good breakfast food.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some of us ate breakfast and some ate lunch. The breakfast food was good and you get a very large serving; I could not eat all of my skillet because it was very heavy but my husband happily finished it! He ordered a crab cake sandwich and said that is was not the best crab cake he has had but was very good and mostly crab meat with little filler.

Visited July 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food - Horrible Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am sad to write this because their food is outstanding. We waited over an hour to eat here and they somehow crossed our name off the list even though they never called us. Once we sat down we ordered food but they only brought part of the order and then brought out the rest of the appetizers with our meal. We ended up sending the appetizers back and they were nice to offer to refund the money but we waited for such a long time by that point we were frustrated. They then dropped one of the dinners for our table and we didn't have a replacement until the entire table was done eating. We sent that back and they did try to make it right - they took $50 off the bill and offered to give us free drinks in the morning and to come into breakfast. We opted not to go back because of the experience the night before as it consumed 3.5 hours of our time already!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MrsNeh18
OCJ, General Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Wow :-( First of all let me Thank You very much for Trying Crabcake Factory Out. It would be pertinent to note that you dined with us on the busiest day of the year and actually the busiest day in the history of Crabcake Factory. I would like to personally apologize to you once again as I did on the night of your visit. The hour wait is fairly normal in Summer. We called the party several times before removing your name as we explained at the time of your visit. When you approached the hostess we added you again and seated you at the very next available table. We also explained to you at the time that our steamers were down and anything from the Steamed Portion of the Menu would take extra long. Unfortunately a food runner was knocked into by another patron and the large bowl of steamed seafood was dropped. We comped $50 off the meal and invited to buy you breakfast in the morning as well. You told us at the time that the food was every bit worth the wait and that you would definately be back. This is why I was a bit confused by this review as we did everything possible to help you. I guess that is horrible service but we did try to appease you as best we could considering the size of the crowds that day.

It appears you changed your mind about coming back but we do appreciate you mentioning how great the food was. Once again I apologize. This is not the norm at Crabcake Factory as you know.
“Two 5oz Crabcakes for $25 what more can I say!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Crabcake Factory was the best food I had in OC. They were not overpriced and the food was served to us in decent time frame given the fact that it was jam packed on a Saturday evening on a 4th of July weekend. I will definitely pay this place a visit when I come back.

• Visited July 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
“Best Crab Cake in Maryland!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Crabcake Factory has the best crab cake hands down. I ordered the crab cake salad and it was perfect. All jumbo lump meat, without any filler. Mmmm! A tad pricey, but well worth it. You can even order crab cakes, have them boxed, iced and shipped. So good!

Visited June 2013