“good food”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We live near the CC Factory on 121st. The food is consistently good, but the service sucks at the bar. It's hard to get a beer and if you do, it is often warm. During the summer of 2012 we tried breakfast at the CC Factory Express in South OC and at the 121st location. We thought the food was awesome in both cases. Too bad the service has not been great.

Date of visit: August 2012
OCJ, General Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thanks so much for kind words about our food. True... the bar is small and gets very busy but we try our best. I did find it hard to believe that you were served a warm beer as ALL BEER at Crabcake Factory is stored on ICE directly behind the bar.I am sorry about the subpar service and I assure you that you will find we have changed a staff members and added more staff as well. We are very, very busy in the summer....please bear with us as we grow and improve in 2013 Thanks for 17 great years in Ocean City at this Location too! 1996-2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We found Crabcake Factory by accident. We needed a place to eat on Christmas Eve, and there weren't many open restaurants. We were staying in the same block and saw their open sign so we decided to give it a shot. I ordered the crab cake dinner and couldn't have been more pleased. It had virtually no breading and huge chunks of back fin. My husband ordered the nachos and there was so much that we took half of it back to our apartment. Not only was the food delicious, but they also offered a wide variety of beers (in addition to the typical Bud Light) from local breweries like Burley Oak. The servers were friendly and and the service was quick. I highly recommend it if you come to Ocean City!

Date of visit: December 2012
3  Thank blare246
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We ate here on 12/8 for dinner. We both had the crab cake sandwich platter which was excellent as usual. We also ordered the crab nachos for a appetizer, which could be a meal for 2 in itself. Portions are large. Our waitress was friendly, ( Kelly?) never let our drinks run out and checked on us frequently. Overall, great dining experience with excellent food. This is a must stop place while visiting Ocean City.

Date of visit: December 2012
1  Thank para12mike
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I know we are hard to please since we are from Baltimore, and have some fantastic crabcakes, so our hopes were high. Unfortunately we were a little disappointed. Our visit was nice, and our waitress bend over backwards to accommodate us. A great place to watch the game in a Sunday afternoon, but I'd order the Crab Benedict, we saw that on another table and it looked fabulous!

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was wanting a good ole Maryland Lump Crab Cake and I stopped in at this corner bar/eatery and I ordered my meal. Staff was very friendly and we chatted while I waiting for my meal. I got my meal, which was to go, and headed out to the car. I opened the container and to my surprize there was a beautiful portion of a crab filled crab cake, delicious kettle chips and cole slaw that almost made me want to turn around and get more. The meal was to die for. Fresh, delicious, wholesome and a pleasure to eat. If you are ever in the area, stop in, say hello to Kelly and order the Crab Cake meal on a bun. You will not be dissappionted.

Date of visit: October 2012